• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3829 Players Online
  • 3829 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Merge Java and Bedrock

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by JusticeDeBouwer, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why don't they merge it? The total playercount will increase.

Posted May 8, 2020
    Fallen and Nerfguns3 like this.
  2. Java and Bedrock are entirely different versions of Minecraft that are incompatible with one another. They also support entirely different platforms, so the playerbases are mostly separate (of course many players play on both). Mineplex began as a Java server before Minecraft Bedrock was introduced, then expanded to Bedrock and it happened to surpass Java in playercount, but both are essential to maintaining the network(s). I don’t think Mineplex will consider getting rid of one or the other for the foreseeable future, if ever.

Posted May 8, 2020
    Fallen, scarlet, Parkzr and 20 others like this.
  3. Really great idea! +1! Big Brain! This better be a joke..

Posted May 8, 2020
    Ryan9116, Wiz, NetheriteMiner and 5 others like this.
  4. My brain just experienced a big explosion.
    Do you really think it can be possible?:')

Posted May 8, 2020
  5. Yes

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 8, 2020
  6. As zlxr (Suspici0us) said, Java and Bedrock are two different platforms that unfortunately are incompatible with each other. Mineplex Bedrock and Mineplex Java have different games, ranks, etc. Not a bad idea, but not possible.

Posted May 8, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and oCassi like this.
  7. It’s possible but it’s never gonna happen I promise you because it’s different pvp

Posted May 8, 2020
    Fallen, Nerfguns3 and JusticeDeBouwer like this.
  8. This isn't possible! Its 2 different platforms that its played on, you cant connect to java servers with your iPhone just as you cant connect to bedrock servers on your computer. It won't happen mainly because it cannot happen.

Posted May 8, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and Guhracie :) like this.
  9. Hi,

I do like the idea of having a cross platform server type, but there are massive flaws with this. Now i do know that java and bedrock players can do cross platform with each other.
    minehut has actually made cross platform on their server possible and it still works. But that is a server for server hosting only, not just a mini game, or practice server

Posted May 8, 2020
  10. I think you need to pay 100,000,000 minecoins for it to work

EDIT: In all seriousness, if this was possible (it might?) I think it would hurt the server more than help it, as many issues and exploits can appear. I also think many bedrock or java players will be frustrared if they were forced to play on a different edition's server, and players would need to be refunded if this was forced. If it wasn't, still, there would be so many issues and exploits that would kill the server.
    I'll give a -1

Posted May 8, 2020,
    Last edited May 8, 2020
    Nerfguns3 likes this.
  11. I assume your joking, but as people stated above it's impossible and will probably never happen. It's more on the Minecraft side of things to make the two versions compatible with each other.

Posted May 8, 2020
  12. How the hell its get in discussion

Posted May 8, 2020
  13. It's possible, I've seen another server do it, but the quality of gameplay would drop pretty low since you'll have to adapt to a new system and have sweaty java players play against kids on their ipads.

Posted May 8, 2020
  14. I really don't think this is a good idea. The merging of the two servers would only create chaos and add a few bugs. I also think that some players will be at a disadvantage if the two servers merged, so I think it is best to leave things how they are now. -1

Posted May 8, 2020
    Guhracie :) likes this.
  15. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 8, 2020
  16. Java and Bedrock are two completely different platforms, therefore it’s impossible to combine the two. They have completely different mechanics that would be impossible to merge. They’re coded differently as well - you can’t just combine things that are coded differently.

Posted May 8, 2020
    SpitefulNick and Guhracie :) like this.
  17. this hurts my brain to read

Posted May 8, 2020
  18. Ikr bro why don’t they merge minegame severs?!?!!!?

Posted May 8, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  19. 'o'

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 8, 2020
  20. Hey!

I think it's better for them not to get merged. Both have very different styles of gameplay and though it would increase the playercount, it would be bad mostly everyone playing. And I'm pretty sure Java players are better at certain games then Bedrock so that's another reason why it wouldn't be fair. Also, I'm sure it's impossible to merge them but even if you could, it still wouldn't be a good idea.

Anyways, I give this a -1 since you can't merge them and because it would just be a bad idea since they are very different platforms. Thanks for the idea though!

Posted May 8, 2020
    Guhracie :) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.