• 1369 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10261 Players Online
  • 8892 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Melsieee's official introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Melsieee, Sep 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Heyaa! Since I became a staff member recently, I thought it’d be appropriate if I officially introduce myself to you guys! I know there was a short introduction in the announcements thread, but I wasn’t fully satisfied with that. So, here you go.

Hello! My name is Melsieee and I became a staff member on the bedrock server recently. I’m an 18-year-old-young man who’s in college at the moment training to become a teacher in English one day! The reason I chose this profession is because I just really like to work with kids and assist them in becoming better at the English language. I’ve done some internships where I teach lessons to kids aged 11-15 and the moment they actually start to understand what I’m teaching them (whether it be grammar problems or difficulties with reading) is just the most awesome thing!

I still have 3 years left of my education and hoping that after that, I can teach kids English by myself without any help! With my awesome coach I have at the moment, I feel like I can definitely achieve that!

Things I enjoy outside of Mineplex are fishing and reading books. (but you already knew that) I’m currently reading a romance/thriller story called: ‘Stalking Jack the Ripper’. It’s a story about a girl who falls in love with a serial killer. If you want details, I advise you to read the book yourself because it’s absolutely awesome!

When it comes to fishing I don’t really aim for the big fishes out there, I’d rather just lure the average/small ones in. Examples are: common rudds, small pikes and plaice. With all the lockdowns going on and people ordered to stay in their houses I haven’t really done much fishing, but I’m slowly starting to pick it up again. Sometimes I really miss being outdoors, but at the same time I feel nice and comfortable when at home. I’m doing all my classes online at the moment, so I have a lot more free time since I don’t really have to travel that much.

Anyway, that’s probably all you need to know for now! If you have any questions or just want to talk to me, you can shoot me a friend request on discord. I’m only accepting players that I have on discord or who I talk to on mineplex tho, otherwise my friends list will just be too full. (discord is linked in my profile)

Have a good one.

Melsieee

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  2. Hiiii!
    First and foremost, welcome to the team!!! I really and truly cannot wait to start to have more interactions with you during your trial/within the next few weeks :)! I think that it's really cool that you're into teaching! I don't think I would be able to take a task that large, so it's really awesome to know people who do like teaching. I also really enjoy English/Literature, so in my opinion, you're the coolest teacher ever :P

I really hope to see you around soon! :)

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Melsieee and Disgruntle like this.
  3. Heyy, that was really interesting to read, I find thriller stories really interesting to read too. Looking forward to working with you and once again, welcome to the team!

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  4. Heya, it's nice to meet you and good luck in your trial! I feel inspired, so I might do my own intro once I get my tag ^^

What got you into fishing originally, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Melsieee likes this.
  5. Hey Melsie!

I would like to formally welcome you to the Mineplex staff team once again! If you ever need anything or have any questions, I’d be more than happy to help. I think it’s really cool that you’re working hard to become a teacher. By the sounds of it, you really enjoy education and the ability of giving someone a good education. That is so inspiring! I really enjoy English as well! I actually took my college English in high school because it has always been one of my favorite subjects, and I have always found success in those types of courses. I really wish you the best of luck with your career path! As someone who has taken over 18 hours of criminal justice courses, I can easily say that any type of serial killer story is interesting. I think just because you wonder what is going through their mind. A fun fact is that there are signs that occur in early childhood that indicate signs of a serial killer. It was really nice to read more about you, and again, welcome welcome! I wish you the best of luck with your trial.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Melsieee likes this.
  6. Hey @affinity0! I don't mind you asking at all. :) One of my dad's colleagues and good friend was a fishing enthusiast. One day he asked if I wanted to come with him on one of his fishing trips. I guess that's where my love for fishing started. Not only the fishing itself is awesome, but just being able to be outside in nature's beauty is something I would never want to give up!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 28, 2020
    affinity0 likes this.
  7. Hey!

You seem like a wonderful person and I really hope your trial goes well! Personally I also really enjoy fishing. I have been fishing for all my life from when I was young, I don't always catch anything but it is always a great experience to be with your family and or friends on the water. I am also thinking of making an introduction and this has given me inspiration!

It was great to read about you!

Posted Sep 28, 2020
    Melsieee likes this.
  8. Hi! Welcome to the team, I can't wait to meet you!

I love that you love reading! It is something that I used to be really passionate about and recently I have not had as much time to do so. I definitely will have to check out that book that you recommended; what are some of your favorite books and what other books do you recommend? Also, I appreciate that you have the patience to fish -- I do not have the patience to find fishing enjoyable. I am sure this patience will be really beneficial to you as a teacher.

Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to learn more about you! Hopefully I can see you around!

Posted Sep 28, 2020
    Melsieee and xWand like this.
  9. Good luck with your trial my friend. I have known you for quite a bit melsieee and there is so much potential in you! When I next play mineplex i will make sure to dm you if i catch any hackers. If you ever need someone to speak to i am always here for you bro.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
    Melsieee likes this.