• 90 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1657 Players Online
  • 1567 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Meet the Artists [Staff 2022]

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by TheArrowsShadow, Jan 7, 2022.

Tags:
?

Should I do this showcase every year?

1. Yes!

95.0%
  2. Meh

5.0%
  3. Nah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Why was I pinged bro

5.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. !! loooooong thread incoming !!

So! @GuardianInASuit made a "Meet the Bedrock Staff" Thread. This is... that. But with the staff artists instead.
    So, this thread is to showcase the artists on the staff team!​

Here's what I asked the Staff:
    - What is the oldest piece you've created within the past few years?
    - What is the newest piece you've made?
    - What are one or two of your favorite pieces?
    I also gave them the option to give me a little blurb explaining each piece

So here we go! Welcome to the first Staff Artwork Showcase. Maybe I'll do this every year :eyes:​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest piece: i think i made this back in early 2019 i think i had just gotten into digital art at this point i had only ever done like traditional mainly water color before this piece this is probs the best piece i made back in that time although looking back i don’t really like it
    [​IMG]

Newest Piece: My new pfp ugh i just love this one so much it’s really simple but it’s so cute
    [​IMG]

Favourites: this one just makes me happy bc i made it when i was HARDCORE grinding stardew. First time doing like pixel art anything if you don’t count skins def could improve a lot but i just have such good memories from this time i think this was from back in like march 2021 or something
    [​IMG]

HOW COULD YOU RESIST STRAWBERRY FROG I LOVE HIM WITH MY WHOLE HEART
    [​IMG]
    (Yes 3rd favourite Admin Perms)
    I started this one a few days ago it's nowhere near done, but shes getting somewhere

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oldest piece:
    Did this in like 6th grade LOL
    [​IMG]

Newest piece:
    Made a thread on this one
    [​IMG]

Favourites:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest Piece:
    [​IMG]

Newest Piece:
    [​IMG]

Favourites:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest Piece: 3ish years ago. This was just a still life painting exercising color matching. This was created using acrylic paints
    [​IMG]

Newest Piece: this was an illustration i did involving cats. this was created using photoshop
    [​IMG]

Favourites: this was a bowling i modeled, lit, and textured using maya!! it’s all 3d work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest Piece: 2017
    [​IMG]

Newest Piece: Jan. 2021
    [​IMG]

Favourites: June 2019
    [​IMG]

May 2019
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest Piece: An older piece from back in 2020 for a school project, it’s completely done in graphite and took about a week or two to finish. It was extremely hard with all the shading of the rocks and the face and flowers but overall it turned out fine!
    [​IMG]

Newest Piece: One of my newer pieces, it features the Pokémon Swirlix with some clouds and sparkles. I’ve been working on my digital art recently and I’ve been trying to manipulate color the best I can as I’m not the most confident with my blending/coloring skills
    [​IMG]

Favourites: A little more recent for these two, but I’ve been working with color and trying my best to learn to manipulate it! I’m trying to get good with digital art since I’m a traditional artist and all I know is just pencil and paper! But these two are my favorite pieces that I’ve created. They took awhile to finish but I think they came out really well :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest Piece: Jan. 19th 2021this is of @Islendingurinn because he's an icon who deserves to be recognized. it took me about an hour, and it was probably when i decided that yes, i really need to get better at art

[​IMG]

Newest Piece: Jan 8th 2022
    a redraw of @AhhElliot 's profile picture that i drew a few months ago (art commissions are open, by the humble way). i really didn't like how i drew his old profile picture and because he is a very active staff member in the staff discord, i was faced with it every time i looked at discord. therefore, i drew it for free in my newest style. very cartoony and very chic. i have been using this style a lot for an animation which i'm doing for school at the moment, so it seemed only right
    [​IMG]

Favourites:
    gendo (some time in late september/october 2021) i actually drew this because i was applying for something, which i would have maybe got if something else didn't happen at this time, but i also drew it because i just love gendo. halloween havoc is my second favourite game on the plex (the first of course being christmas chaos ii) but gendo is my favourite character from any of these games. i just love him. i stan gendo. i wanted to draw him where you find him by the clock tower and i felt like giving him some pzazz and adding magic coming out of his hands. he is the angel of death, after all. can't have him floating there doing nothing.
    [​IMG]

skyward sword 10 year anniversary (november 18th 2021) my favourite game of all time. i fell in love with skyward sword at a young age when my mum let me do nothing but wander around skyloft on her save file completing mini side quests to get gratitude crystals, because she wasn't interested in anything other than the main story play. but alas 7 year old me never played the game properly, so when i heard in july of 2021 that skyward sword hd was coming out on the switch i hopped on that immediately. i got it, got home, and played the whole 50-ish hour game in 4 days. i fell in love with demon lord ghirahim (seen above the blue loftwing on the bottom left), and i cried when the game was over. so, i love this game. i wanted to say happy 10th birthday to it, so i drew the main cast. there is a speed paint video on my youtube channel for this, if you are at all interested in how i drew it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest piece:
    [​IMG]

Newest piece:
    [​IMG]

Favourite:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest Piece:
    [​IMG]

Newest/ Favourite Piece:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest Piece:
    [​IMG]

Newest Piece:
    [​IMG]

Favourites:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest Piece: This is by far one of the oldest pieces I've done but not exactly due to a few reasons I'm not fond of, but regardless of this it by far continues being something I rather like, after all, it's still my old art and I have to embrace it. Looking back it's just part of my journey, it makes you remember practice makes perfect.
    [​IMG]

Newest Piece: Not too sure if this counts as a recent piece but this was a giveaway sketch I did for someone here on Mineplex. Originally it was only supposed to be over the shoulders but uhhhh I got a bit carried away and forgot... Whoops :P Regardless a friend suggested I making them facing slightly sideways which I slightly tried here but it didn't exactly work out in my opinion, but hey it still looks okay, right?
    [​IMG]

Favourites:
    This was actually my first charcoal sketch I did a while ago and everyone was praising it, I do remember doing it was something that became really interesting to me and though the shapes were interesting to work with it really taught me a bit, I kinda wanna post more of my art now :/
    [​IMG]

gasp another black and white?!?! You're a madman Kindness! An absolute madmad- Okay fine, it's my favorite thing to work with you're right, I love doing black and white. Regardless you may realize well, I didn't do anything else, which is because I explicitly remember having done this digital art whilst being bored in math class one day, in which I decided to draw an eye. Once I recovered from my trance-like artist state I decided to post it after saving it, and I really wasn't bothering trying to do anything else, which is why exactly I didn't do much more except for another small doodle right next to it. So yeah that's about all my art, it's a complete rollercoaster but it's mine and I guess this comes to show no one starts off as the best, or perfect, an artist grows with time and practice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oldest piece, from Feb. 2018
    [​IMG]

Newest piece, from June 2021
    [​IMG]

Favourite pieces:
    This actually a piece for my friend. He didn’t ask for it but me and him used to play games and dress as like the same characters and act like twins. Basically decided to incorporate that into art.
    [​IMG]

This is my OC and I still user her as my online alias.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh hi its me, OP :D
    Oldest piece:
    This was for @Mystic 0440 back in 2018- one of the oldest pieces in my files
    [​IMG]

Newest Piece:
    I can't actually show my newest for trigger warning reasons but this is pretty new:
    I don't actually know if he checks the forums but hi @NotYoursTru1y
    [​IMG]

Favourites:
    This is EASILY one of my favourite drawings ever
    No, still not ranboo *bonk*
    [​IMG]

I also like this one
    Hi @Sunkeiss
    [​IMG]

DM me on Discord if you don't see your artistic self on this list and would like to be featured.​

Posted Jan 7, 2022,
    Last edited Jan 13, 2022
  2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is so cool, oh my gosh, everyone's art looks incredible I'm really shook. Honestly this is all beautiful and I really liked each and every piece, it was all unique in their own way and really shows each artist's individuality. I could really go on and on with each person and how cool their art is but honestly it'd take a good chunk of this post and I really don't wanna test the limits on the length the website would let me post as a comment. Other than that, I find it so cool how many artists we really have on the staff team, it's really incredible, it's also such a nice thing for you to make as a thread Arrow, I'm sure it made so many people's day including mine, thank you!

Posted Jan 7, 2022
    I LIKE POSTS likes this.
  3. 8d just like to say that I thought the cat bus was great

Posted Jan 7, 2022
  4. Although I’m a complete novice when it comes to digital art, I have been doing Art for roughly 10-11 years. This was a very cool idea that you had in mind, and I’m honored to be featured in your thread! It was also awesome to look through other talented Staff Member’s artwork, and I hope that everyone one else enjoyed this as much as I did. <3

Also for those of you wondering:
    The drawing of my bunny (on paper) was just a “bored” sketch and the gun was apart of my College Art Portfolio. My portfolio theme for my senior year in high school was Criminal Justice/Crime Scenes. I did blue because my color scheme was cool/warn colors and I thought it would add a modern twist to my work. :)

Posted Jan 7, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  5. I truly had no idea there were so many talented artists on the staff team! I really enjoyed scrolling through here and seeing all of these pieces. I wish I could’ve added something but I’m terrible at art… :/ any one of you feel free to lend me some of your talents! :)

I really like how you set this up too. It was really cool to see everyone’s oldest pieces and then seeing the improvement and stylistic changes over the years. It was also very neat seeing everyone’s favorite pieces that they’ve done! There truly are a lot of mind-blowing pieces featured here, and I’m really glad at thankful you took the time to put all this together! I definitely would like to see something like this done every year (if you’re up to it that is) :)

Posted Jan 7, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  6. I honestly cannot believe how talented you guys are!! I have been taking a digital arts class, and have gotten a greater appreciation for good art. Thank you so much GaurdianInASuit for putting this all together!

Posted Jan 8, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  7. slenderman skin <3_<3

Posted Jan 8, 2022
    Mitsoko and Kindnessaj like this.
  8. Looks amazing :)

Posted Jan 8, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  9. I often get to see glimpses of some of the staff artwork but seeing such a brilliant compilation is just incredible. the talent within the staff team is just insane. I just want to go out and say @joshuart your bowling alley model is just mind-blowing, it's so realistic it took me a hot minute to comprehend. You've got to teach me some day ;-;

Posted Jan 8, 2022
    Kindnessaj and joshuart like this.
  10. Hi arrow!!

my computer cant load the spoilers unfortunately.. so idk what much to say. However I want to say this is a super cool thread :O and Im highly positive that they're artwork will sure impress. The effort you made into the quality of this thread is awesome and I think its all super good :D

Also im happy to see that the staff amongst this community does have a very artistic side here and its quite nice to see they're like that, Im a huge fan of art :)

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    CatFan105 and Kindnessaj like this.
  11. These all look absolutely incredible! I think it’s really awesome how you put all of these different works into a compilation together. The detail and talent shown in each work is totally mind-blowing, and I just loved looking through each of these. Thanks for putting this together!

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  12. Thanks for giving me your art so I could include it! I'm glad it turned out so well :D

cat bus best bus

Novice or not, thanks for participating! I look forward to seeing you grow with your art and I hope you continue to post your pieces in this section!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 10, 2022
    I LIKE POSTS, Amg and Kindnessaj like this.
  13. I hit send before I was done replying to everyone oops

I'm glad you agree with how cool everyone participating was! It took forever to gather everything to format it but I'm really happy with the end result! I might do it every year :eyes:

I'm not Guardian :P
    It's awesome that you're taking an arts class! I would love to see you post your stuff to the arts section :0

In all it's glory

I'm glad it turned out well :D

I know! I was gathering all the artwork and I did not expect to have so many people want to participate! I was blown away by the amount of artists on the team and I'm really glad I put this together because I feel like not a lot of other people notice either!

The spoilers are packed FULL of artwork so I understand why they can't load, there's a lot of information in a tiny little space.
    I'm sorry to hear you can't open them D:

You're welcome! I'm glad so many people participated and how well it turned out :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 10, 2022
    I LIKE POSTS and Kindnessaj like this.
  14. These are awesome

Posted Jan 10, 2022
  15. So many talented artists on the team that I didn't even know about! All of you are so talented and I'm so glad you guys decided to share with us! I love the idea of doing this each year because it really shows another side to the staff team that some community members might've not already seen! Love this and hopefully I see more artwork from everyone here :)

Posted Jan 11, 2022
  16. Heyya! Bit late commenting on this!
    I was told about this being a thing ahead of time as I was apart of it! There was so much anticipation to see what everyone on the team had put into this and what amazing artists we had. I knew of a few of these pieces and artists but theres so many that I didnt know of too! This is truly amazing work from everyone! Great thread as well arrow so happy to see you managed to get so many people in it! <3

Posted Jan 13, 2022
    Kindnessaj and I LIKE POSTS like this.
  17. I'm glad you agree :D

Each year it is :D
    If I remember-

o7
    Thanks for participating! I'm glad you were able to share your art and see others that you may not have known previously :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 16, 2022
  18. Yeah of course

Posted Jan 16, 2022