• 349 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2928 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Medic Kit Cakewars

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by MedicSoldier, Oct 28, 2019.

1. I offer a new Kit for Cakewars

The Medic

Price Cost : 5000 Gems

Passive Ability 1 : Combat Wall
    Gives the player a Wool Wall every 12 seconds, Max 5 Wool Walls

Passive Ability 2 : Medikit
    Gives 1 Splash regeneration 1 Potion every 30 seconds.
    Max of 2 Medikits. 10 second usable cooldown to prevent healing spam.

Some of you may be asking "Why do we need a new Kit?"

Here is my answer for you

Rumors says its planned to remove the frosting kit.
    If this is really going to be happening to be true this should be our frost replacement.

If not lets add it as a new Kit.
    This is why we need a Medic Kit

Cakewars only have 4 Kits

Warrior (focused on combat)

Builder (focused on Building and getting to places faster)
    Archer ( focused on Marksmanship)

Frost ( focused on close combat)

Now with Medic we have something
    NEW and focused on Support and Tactic and it provides us with more Kits to choose from.
    Mineplex is famous for their
    unique Kits and Medic is something that offers us a valiue Mineplex playstyle vibe, like never been seen before.

How does this sound to you, will it make into the Cakewars game?
    Comment below.

Posted Oct 28, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 3, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. Hey man!

First of all, I don't think it's really necessary to add a new kit to Cake Wars. I really like Cake Wars as it Is but, if we're talking about kits, I believe we shouldn't be adding one; we should be removing (Frost).

However, I don't see nothing wrong with the kit you're suggesting and can see you're onto something. Here are some suggestions I'd like you to consider:

Passive ability 2 is OP:
    3 golden apples are too much in my opinion, and 1 would be maybe not as great. Now, what if lower the cool down to 30-45 seconds but only be able to have 1 golden apple at a time? I still think the kit would somehow be handy without being as Overpowered as it was.

Passive Ability 1: Hmm... something feels off about the wool wall. I suggest instead of stacking 5 it would be up to 4, and maybe give the player 1 Wool Wall every 12 seconds.

Anyways, with this being said, I'll have to stay neutral and see other players opinions in this one.

Keep it up,
    Flame

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  3. How does a throwable healing potion sound to you?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 28, 2019
  4. Heyo!

Personally I would alter some of the functions of this kit. I agree that throwable healing potions definitely fit the kit better. Maybe you spawn with an item that allows you to shoot 3 healing potions out every 1-2 minutes which means it isn't overpowered and fairly balanced. As for golden apples, I don't think spawning with them will be very fair so I would probably remove them and just have the ability to shoot healing potions out. I like the idea of shooting a wool wall up definitely fits with the "Medic" theme. As you said a 5 block wool wall is definitely fair and useful when using the healing ability. I'm a fan of this idea and I think with a few changes it will be a great kit. I'll give this a 0.5, good suggestions!

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    MedicSoldier likes this.
  5. That's a +1 for me! I love the idea! Like other people said, I would remove golden apples completely and go with healing potions and the 5-block wall.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    MedicSoldier likes this.
  6. Yo!

I really do not see this kit being used, in my opinion. Some parts of it seem way too overpowered while others can be really underpowered. Additionally, the kits we have in Cake Wars right now, I believe, is sufficient. However, with that aside, I'd still like to give some feedback about this kit.

The main thing that is concerning to me is the ability to get Golden Apples without purchasing them. From the start, this is too overpowered. Players could go to another island, eat a cake, run to another, use their golden apple, and continue the processes until all the cakes are gone. It simply would be too powerful at this point in the game and would totally unbalance the rest of the other kits.

On the other hand, it can also be too underpowered later on in the game. Assuming you have two side beacons and Resource Generator II, which many do at the end of the game, you get emeralds reallllly fast. This means that, in return, you can get golden apples really fast, too. Once you're at the point where you are not saving for anything and just spending, the kit becomes way too underpowered. Because of this situation, I do not see it being used when other kits, like frosting, can be used during PvP or to hit someone off when building.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    landay and MedicSoldier like this.
  7. Hey!

This looks like a cool kit, but I want to suggest a few changes.

Golden Apples. I feel like this is way too overpowered in the early game. You'll immediately get an advantage in the game while the other players have just started getting loot. In the end game, people would have gold apples avaliable anyway because they're stacked with emeralds. I think that this should be removed from the kit to make it better.

Other than that, I really like the idea. I like that you suggested throwing healing potions because it would fit the kit better, and I think that it would overall be a balanced kit which is not too overpowered but can help you quite a bit in-game. But how often will we get these throwing healing potions? Maybe one every 3-4 minutes? And how much will they heal you?

I hope that you could update this thread with some changes so we could get a better look into the kit!

Overall, I like the concept of this idea. I'll give this a +0.5! With a few changes, this can be pretty good. Nice suggestion :)

Posted Oct 29, 2019
    MedicSoldier likes this.
  8. Kit Medic got reworked

Now lets take a look together at our new Kit and see
    how we can change it so
    you can play on Cakewars with our Medic and bring more valiue to Mineplex
    Comment below how you would change the Kit

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2019
  9. No more cake war kits need to be added, -1.

Posted Oct 29, 2019
  10. GI is opposed to adding more kits due to the fact that we need to focus on balancing the current ones we have before thinking about adding more to complicate the mixture. Even if we were looking to add more kits to the game, this kit in its current state is unbelievably nonviable. The rate at which you get the healing/regen pots would be way slower than just purchasing a golden apple. It'd also require both a lot of extra hotbar space to effectively utilize as well as potential skill/knowledge of throwing potions, which a vast portion of the playerbase lacks. As for the wool walls, as they are right now, they are practically useless due to how long they take to place. An interesting dynamic could be to make Medic the kit to go to have walls placed instantly, but walls don't necessarily have much of a place in a game like Cakewars considering entire islands don't need to be blocked off in order to adequately protect your cake. Wool walls also wouldn't fit with the whole healing theme; it just seems like an idea added last minute.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  11. It’s called a splash potion
    --- Post updated ---
    We don’t need more cake wars kits so I’ll give this a -1. Have a nice day!
    --- Post updated ---

Posted Nov 2, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 3, 2019
  12. Medic Kit has been reworked again and updated for the use of Cakewars

Changes : Medikit

For more information, feel free to read my Kit introduction and Comment Below what you think

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2019