• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5358 Players Online
  • 2468 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Me and a couple of people I know are sending messages in chat, but no one can see them.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by moqi, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone know what is causing this?

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    FlipCylinder608 and GAM like this.
  2. This is happening on all of my accounts.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 9, 2020
    FlipCylinder608 likes this.
  3. Hello!

I would suggest messaging a mod on the forums or through the StaffRequest community about fixing it, as I believe they are able to. However, the info behind what is causing it is not public info.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  4. You both could be ghost muted. Contact a mod and they will be able to sort this out right away!

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  5. You may be ghost muted, which is where you can send messages and you can see them, but other people can't see them at all. To fix this, you can find a staff member in game and ask them to unmute you, which can be done by either doing /a (Which only sends a message to staff in your lobby) or you can ask for a staff member in StaffRequest, if you are in it. If you are not in the com, you can do /com request StaffRequest and a staff member should accept you in soon ^w^

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  6. Didn’t realize that Java had muting issues like we do in Bedrock. There is, I believe 2 different mutes, one being Ghost muted, the other I cannot recall it’s name. I had one of the mutes but I believe it wasn’t the Ghost mute because there are in game techniques that can fix it for some not all players. I am assuming the reason ppl are saying to contact a mod in game or whatever is because someone can think you are Spamming Chat. But those methods consist of typing out the alphabet, so you would type “a”, then post in chat, then “b”, so on and so forth till feel like stopping or completely the whole alphabet, or you count 1 - 10, or do symbols, like “!”, “*”, etc. But it is type then post and type next and post. This can restore your chat.
    For me, I only could see chat of a friend whom also had me friended in Xbox Live, I never seen anyone else chat, and it was a good year before I seen my friend respond to someone, he said someone had made comment to our Levels. I never seen anything but our conversation. I had thought Mineplex just eliminated chat all together in game and lobby, I didn’t know it was me.
    As I said, this method did not work for me, so I inquired of a staff member I knew and then went to making a bug report. I was directed to a Xbox Live link that discussed this mute and how to fix, being it was a Microsoft Xbox Live issue. You had to go to your privacy settings and make changes to your settings. There is a section that dealt with multiplayer and having contact with others, I had it as blocked or set to Friends Only, it needed to be set to Everyone because you want to see everyone’s chat not just friends, or no one. That change fixed mine and a few other’s chat mutes. Hope this helped.

Posted Sep 15, 2020
  7. Hey!

Could you please forward me the IGNs and I’ll see if I can do anything about it :)

Have a great day!

Posted Sep 16, 2020
    Legend998 and Disgruntle like this.