• 1021 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6180 Players Online
  • 5159 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion MCL revival

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by OW6N, Apr 8, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see mcl as a playable game again?

1. Yes why not

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MCL or Mineplex Competitive League was one of the better team pvp games ever on mineplex. It was removed for little to no reason and was also very fun. It gave great in game rewards and was the first game of its kind on mineplex. Please bring it back

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    Im_Ken and CheeseySF like this.
  2. Howdy!

While it was a really good game for while it lasted, I'm sure that there was a reason why it was removed. The Java developers are trying very hard to create really good games for the community and to release new and original content for the server.

I hope that MCL can come back in the future, however, please note that the developers are trying their hardest to make changes and add/remove games when it is needed.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  3. MCL did well during its initial release, but it quickly became unpopular as people grew bored of the gamemode. It is my favorite gamemode on Mineplex despite it being discontinued and I do want to see it return although it has been quoted to of "been removed from Mineplex's database" - hazeae24.

Bringing the game back would require an entire re-code. There were some game-breaking issues that just made the game unplayable. Such as all players going invisible after dying and people burning down the spawns for players. However, I think that the community on Mineplex has changed and while it wasn't so popular back in 2016, games such as Heroes of Gwen and Castle Assault have proven that people love this sort of game today and I think if MCL did make a return, these players would love it more than the two named above.

Oh, and the hackers were a huge issue and more than usual. Since the game had a ranking system, and it was extremely easy to hack in, a lot of people quit because they simply couldn't improve their rank due to bhoppers and people with kill aura. I'd suggest taking a page out of clans book and having two types of games, one that has a requirement to join though it should be in-game time as a whole not in the standalone gamemode and another without a rank system where people can play for fun with no requirements.

If the design team are willing to put the resources there, MCL could prove to be very popular and bring many people back to the server. I'm a bias person when it comes to this game, but the idea of bringing it back will forever get a +1 from me.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    Shipsa // ShipshapeMC likes this.
  4. Hey,

MCL was a cool game-mode, but I am assuming it lost a lot of attention after a lot of other games were becoming more popular. It was a nice game to make, and honestly I would be fine with it coming back but only under one condition: The game needs to have a great hype up and needs to sustain for a long time. Games like UHC had a good start up, but they eventually removed those games due to how little support there were for the games. Pvp games like these were pretty competitive and fun to play back in the day, so it is all up to the LT after approval to even consider bringing it back up.

A lot of threads have suggested to bring back game modes like Weekend brawl, UHC, and especially something like MCL. If people were to support this game a lot, it would encourage people to be really active in the server. I am up for all of that if it means improving the activity of the community player base.

If we were to add a competitive game back on Mineplex though, with those ranked additions, I would reconsider the idea with the cheater problem. I played in multiple Skywars games today and found a lot of hackers, and GWEN isn't the best anti cheat at detecting hackers, just like some anti cheats in other servers. Not to say that this is anyone's fault, but this problem is what is preventing Mineplex from actually having ranked game modes with actual legit players. Cheating has evolved to a point where autoclicking is now the norm of closet cheating. There is not much to do about this, unless Mineplex sponsored some sort of client side anti cheat like Badlion/Lunar, but I doubt it would be considered due to the problem of invasion of privacy.

I am not surprised someone would want this game mode back, but nice thread addressing this. I am personally neutral on this idea, even though I really like pvp games, since I don't want to put more work on the dev team if they are in need of fixing bugs, game alterations, or other things. I might shift my opinion though if a majority of people want the game back. It's all up to the community. Anyways, hope I gave good feedback.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    Shipsa // ShipshapeMC likes this.
  5. MCL was lowkey fun af

Posted Apr 13, 2020
    OW6N likes this.