• 787 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8654 Players Online
  • 7867 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Maybe bedwars to replace or a new mode to cake wars

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by A1chronicle, Apr 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idk I just thought a cake wars mode that had a bed instead of carrots or a cake

Posted Apr 3, 2021
  2. Cakewars is essentially Mineplex’s version of Bedwars. The change from cake to carrot was a joke for April Fool’s Day.
    If we did change the cake to a bed, there wouldn’t be much of a difference apart from the fact that people would be aiming to destroy a bed instead of eat a cake. Personally I like having the cake instead of a bed because it adds Mineplex’s unique twist to the game since no other networks use a cake.
    Would there be any differences besides the cake being replaced with a bed? I’d definitely be open to seeing general improvements to the gamemode.

Posted Apr 3, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  3. Hey! I don't really see a need for this, so I will unfortunately disagree. As said above by @510bike, the cake brings a unique twist to the game. Aside from that, I also like how in Cake Wars, you need to actually eat slices out of the cake as opposed to breaking the bed. I also like how the cake is a 1x1 block as opposed to the 2x1 bed, so it makes gameplay easier. You mentioned adding a new mode to Cake Wars; what would the new mode be? I think Cake Wars is good enough already, and adding another mode would split the playerbase. Interesting idea, but unfortunately I have to disagree, so -1.

Posted Apr 3, 2021
    510bike likes this.
  4. Okay I see what your saying and I do agree but about the cakewars new gamemode maybe a solo or a trios? If you added the solo it would be challenging and you would have to be more cautious cause if you leave your cake that's when the real danger happens and if there's crossteaming and I had this idea but I dont think you guys would be interested I was think what if there was a cake defense like the tnt trap but it has a Cooldown where if you buy it, it will protect your cake but I will leave you guys to think what it does also since it sounds OP I thought of the payment of it maybe 50 or 64 nether stars because of how OP it is. Thank you for reading

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 3, 2021
    OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 3, 2021
  6. Unfortunately, Cake Wars solos has been denied as said by rosmeme, the QA Manager: "i cannot give you a full explanation on why we cant just replace nor am i obligated to give you an explanation period, but i respect deans decision in denying it as a full game for the time being. I definitely understand that duos wouldnt be as popular and hypothetically solo could replace duos, but theres still a lot more to the whole situation. as of right now, cw solo as a perm game has been denied, but we can always come back to this discussion at a much later date when the answer may be different." For your ideas about changing Cake Wars, I'm not exactly sure what the idea is trying to say. Either way, 50 or 60 nether stars is way too much for it. Nether stars are used for team upgrades, so emeralds would be a better currency. I rarely have games that go past having 10 nether stars, rarely about 20 nether stars, so gathering 64 nether stars seems like it is too expensive. By the time one gathers that, cakerot would have occurred already. Again I'm a bit confused over the idea, but I wouldn't place it over 20 emeralds.

Edit: I see that you mentioned a cooldown. Again, I think that 50 or 60 nether stars is already really expensive. Purchasing 2 would cost way too many nether stars. I'm not sure as I never tried, but it would be extremely unlikely that you would be able to generate 100 or 128 nether stars in a game, especially before cakerot where this would be used.

Posted Apr 3, 2021
  7. bedwars is another servers game, alot of servers have diffrent version to try to make it different
    like:
    egg wars
    chest wars
    cakewars

each of them are unique, like cake wars, you must eat and eat untill the cake is gone instead of hitting a bed 3 times for it to break

Posted Apr 4, 2021
  8. Hey, thank you for taking the time to suggest this idea. As stated above, however, Mineplex already has Cake Wars, which is a spinoff of Bedwars on its own. It’s basically the same concept of Bedwars, however with a cake instead of a bed, and of course there are different items and mechanics and such. Carrot wars was only a temporary version of Cake Wars for April fools. As for Solo Cake Wars, that has been denied as stated above by @CloudyDay1234. Solo Cake Wars was a special gamemode for the Winter Event though. Due to those reasons, and the fact that Cake Wars is already pretty close to Bedwars, and the fact that we won’t be adding any other versions of Cake Wars in the future yet, I’m going to go ahead and mark this idea as Not Planned. Thank you again for suggesting it though!

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.