• 1091 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7981 Players Online
  • 6890 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Maximum build height for skywars

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by AfflictionMR, Feb 3, 2021.

?

Should a build height be added to skywars?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, because I love skybasing

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Heyyy everyone!

I've suggested this idea at various places already, but I thought I'd make a thread as well because I still have to deal with it pretty frequently.
    As you read by the title I would love to see a build height limit implemented into skywars to avoid people from skybasing which the game was not originally intended for.
    It definitely can be a strategy to build yourself high up in the sky and I don't think that should be removed, but the issue here is that there is just no limit as to how high you can go!
    My suggestion would be to add 10-20 blocks of build height based on the highest point of a map. This would effectively solve the problem in my opinion and people can still skybase, but not go up so high anymore.
    Anyways, thank you for reading this and have a great day!

Posted Feb 3, 2021
    Mothy, moppy and Jauni9751 like this.
  2. Personally, no. Skywars currently is so limited anyways in the ways you can win. Take away skybasing and players are forced to pvp against keyboard and mouse* users. I know you said that the build height could be 10-20 blocks above the highest point in the map, but if you're going to allow for that, just allow for high skybasing. It brings a somewhat different element to the game which I think it really needs because it's not so fun to play anymore :(

Also - if it was to be implemented, there would have to be a concrete Y level set instead of just "10-20 blocks above the highest point of the map" since every map is different, some are taller, some shorter, and it would be an unfair mechanic depending on what map you are playing on.

Posted Feb 3, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 3, 2021
  3. OP was talking about bedrock skywars, read the category

I agree a height limit should be added, while skybasing is a valid strategy, it does become annoying, and since bedrock doesn’t have a magnet item or a ceiling void for skybasers to kill players off with (like v2 java did, not sure if the ceiling void bug was patched) I don’t see why containing players within a height limit of the map would be too much of a problem +1

Posted Feb 3, 2021
    AfflictionMR likes this.
  4. I gathered - and Skywars runs similarly there (minus the tnt). The players that play Windows 10 or console with keyboard/mouse have a clear advantage. Which is why narrowing down the options would end up suiting them and could reduce the fun for anyone else. It doesn't hurt anybody to be open to more strategies in-game, and if the height limit is going to be 10-20 blocks above the highest point, which is basically where people already build nowadays, with an almost negligible amount of exceptions unless there are keyboard/mouse players, it's not worth the adding

Posted Feb 3, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 3, 2021
  5. I take it that you might be unfamiliar with bedrock PVP, as most exclusively Java players are. How fast you click hardly has any effect on who wins. (which you edited out of your original statement) Aim is rather more important, especially for PC and Console players (mobile players can get wacky hits even when their crosshairs aren’t on a target directly due to touchpad controls), so essentially anyone on any platform has a decent chance at winning the game. While you might think that allowing people to skybase to the heavens might make it easier and more “fun” for a new or less advantaged player just because they stay alive for longer, it ultimately ruins the fun for anyone and everyone else trying to play a combat game as it was intended.

Posted Feb 3, 2021
    Cozie likes this.
  6. Yeah, edited for correction - and in my reply, I stated that they have a massive advantage; not just for clicking but for aim, which you said yourself. No reason to narrow down strategies. I've played on Bedrock, on Windows 10, mobile, and console, and although I'm not the best at either the advantage is there, and this is just a pointless change from that regard. As I said, skybasing to the heavens doesn't happen so often. I don't see this as necessary. Skywars isn't fun already unless you're into combat because there isn't much to make it fun. Java had the uniqueness for a while but now, with Bedrock, it's a pretty stale game. No hate towards it though, I have still played it the most - but there are other issues with it.

Posted Feb 3, 2021