• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12546 Players Online
  • 9656 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Master Builders -- Voting

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by ChrissyTheFish, Apr 16, 2020.

?

Would you like to see this implemented?

1. Yes!

2. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everybody!

So I've recently gotten into Master Builders. But one thing that I think could really improve the game is if we implemented a voting system to vote for the theme. You may be thinking that this is "ripping off" other servers, but I think it's something that could actually benefit this game a lot; especially if we do it in a unique way. I like being able to vote for the team because I get a say in what I'm building. This change could also draw more people to Master Builders, because they'll actually get to build what they like, rather than building a random theme every time.

Here's how it could work:

It could work like voting for a map, so it's optional. Before the game starts (maybe right after the map is chosen) for 10 seconds, players can right-click a book in their inventory to vote for a theme. There will be five themes to choose from, and the theme selection will be randomized. Just an idea: the theme selection could look like the "Titles" book that you have in the lobby.

To vote for a theme, you click on the red minus sign to the left of the theme, which will turn it into a green check. Of course, you can change your vote after voting.

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to allow players to see how many votes each theme has? What do you guys think of this idea? I think it would draw a lot more people to this game.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    LazyBrayden and Ruffybear like this.
  2. I personally have just gotten into playing Master Builders also and I dont mind this idea. I do like how there is some mystery to what the theme will be currently, but I would more so be on the side of being able to vote for the theme. One thing I would like to add in is that there should also be able to Vote for a Random Theme along with the couple other preset themes. Overall a great idea that I wouldn't mind being added!

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    vMythos and ChrissyTheFish like this.
  3. Hi! I think this would be great to add to the game. There are so many times where I join a game of Master Builders, but I really dislike the theme so I end up immediately leaving. The ability to vote for a theme would overall make the game more enjoyable, in the sense that you can choose the most exciting theme to build. One very minor issue I see with this, is players memorizing how to build certain themes. For example, I've had games where the same theme occurred back to back, and it was really lame to see some players build carbon copies of their previous build in the round preceding the game at hand. If theme voting were to be added, I have a hunch that a lot of people would vote on themes that they are familiar with copying. A larger word pool of themes might help this problem. Overall, I would be ecstatic to see a change like this in the game. +1

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    ChrissyTheFish likes this.
  4. I'd personally love for a theme voting option to be added to the game, some of the things I get to build I really am like ? what is this, but if there's a vote I think it would make it much easier to produce builds in the battle and get much more enetertaining things to build and look at.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  5. Yes, I agree with that idea! Having the ability to vote for a random theme would be nice.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2020
  6. I can definitely empathize with this; I often join BLD games then leave straight away when I see I theme I don't really want to build. And I also get where you're coming from when you say people will memorize builds, which I also agree with. Like you said, I think a larger pool of words will solve this issue. For example, words that are already in the pool, like watering can, are a bit too specific. If we had more themes such as "space" or "mining" etc., we could see a lot more variety between the builds. Thanks for your feedback!

OP OP
  7. I do not think voting for a theme should be implemented because it just does not seem necessary. I like being able to go into a game of build battle and have themes randomly selected that might be more difficult for me because it's better to practice these difficult themes and sometimes I end up doing really well on a theme I thought I'd be horrible at. I like how the theme is just randomly selected because if the theme was based on voting like most servers then I'll always end up building easy themes that people choose. Nice idea but it is just not for me. Sorry. -1

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  8. I don’t play master builders much, but this sounds like a great idea. I would like to be able to vote for a vague themes before the game like you said, as well as one option that says “random”. I feel like this would make the game much more enjoyable since people could build what they want to, instead of being boxed into a theme they do not like. I don’t really see any cons w the idea, so I’m going to end my reply here as I’ve already stated some reasons why I would like it. +1 from me :)

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  9. Hey,

I think this would be a cool idea to implement to master builders. Such an idea like this would give more flexibility for those that are not only new to the game, but want to try out different themes. If this were to be added, then I think master builders would need to add many more themes to ensure that the community of master builders wouldn't get a lot of the same theme in the voting maps. Just like with the map voting system, there is usually a high probability that you will get the same map all the time, so I just want to make sure this wouldn't happen with "theme pool". Overall, the would be a minor thing that could easily benefit the game of master builders. I don't personally enjoy building or playing master builders a lot, but I am sure people would enjoy this change. Otherwise, hope I gave good feedback on this idea.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  10. While I can see why the idea of voting for the Master Builders theme is appealing, I don't think it would be a good implementation to the game. Part of the challenge of Master Builders is to figure out creative yet quick ways to build themes that are sometimes quite complex! I feel like Kristo is right, and if Master Builders theme voting was implemented, it would reduce the challenge of the game because players would consistently vote for the themes that they feel like they can build "better," reducing both the difficulty and the creativity of the game. Further, a lot of themes would be repeated as players would vote for those same themes that they feel they have the best ability to make and thus win. As an active Master Builders player, I like the mystery and challenge of a theme that I have no control over. It's an interesting idea, but overall it is a -1 from me.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    ChrissyTheFish and Kristo like this.
  11. I do see this as a good Idea for master builders but what could end up happening is players only pick topics that are easy and that they are good at and it causes playera to loose practice with topics that they haven't tried before wich is what the randomness allows for

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    ChrissyTheFish and Loofii like this.
  12. Yes, I can see where you're coming from, however, this problem may be alleviated if more words are introduced to the pool, which is not a difficult thing to do. And, as another user said, we could have a "random theme" option.

OP OP
  13. A larger word pool still, in my opinion, would have lots of repeated themes due to the players oftentimes voting for what they feel is "easiest" for them to build, stifling a lot of Master Builders creativity. I don't feel like the Random Theme option would be utilized effectively enough to cancel out the lack of diversity in themes.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    godaroura likes this.
  14. I agree with you and I appreciate your feedback. For the majority of the community, though, I feel like this may be a good idea (at least to implement temporarily) to draw more people to Master Builders. It really is a good game, and I think it deserves an update; if not this one, then something else. Again, thanks for your feedback!

OP OP
    Loofii likes this.
  15. Hey!
    I totally agree with you, this should definitely be added. Not only can this make Master Builders more interesting, but it can also attract a ton of new players! Now although I've seen this on other servers and it's not that big of a deal, I feel that if this were to be implemented, the voting for each topic should take placing as soon as the game starts. However, I don't see anything wrong with having it before the game starts; I guess it would make it a little more unique! Overall, I think this was a great idea and should definitely be considered as an addition to Master Builders!

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  16. If they want to draw more people to Master Builders then this isn't the way to go. The Master Builder player base is huge, it is the second biggest game that Mineplex has, right behind Cake Wars. Even if Mineplex did want to expand the Master Builder community then they would probably add a duos mode. Having BLD2 would be a much better improvement to Master Builders than to have theme voting. Even adding more achievements to Master Builders would be great to draw in more players but I don't think to vote for theme system is the right step.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    godaroura likes this.
  17. I disagree that adding more achievements would draw more people to the game; if people don't like how the game works, they won't strive to get more achievements. I think that the majority (not all) of the community would like the idea of voting for a theme, which would draw more people into the game.

Regarding your idea of having BLD2, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this one. This is something I wouldn't mind seeing on the server. However, I can think of some downsides to this idea, too. There's more of a chance that people can get punished for inappropriate builds, even though it wasn't their fault. For example, one teammate may build something inappropriate, while the other one does not; and both will be punished for it.

OP OP
    godaroura likes this.
  18. After discussing this idea in the GI discord, it's clear that people don't agree with this idea. The point of Master Builders is getting new, random themes and trying to build them, and being allowed to vote would most likely end up with the same simple themes being chosen repeatedly. Instead of allowing people to vote, they would prefer if the bad themes (such as "Circle") were removed, which would then make all the themes fun and interesting and would therefore remove the need for a voting system.

Not Planned - Denied by GI.

Posted May 10, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.