• 1027 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3606 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Master Builders - Revamp

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by alice, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Master Builders is a familiar game in Minecraft, in general. But I feel on other servers that they have a better system of Master Builders than on Mineplex, so I have some suggestions that I feel would maybe benefit Master Builders and its playerbase:
    -Have the ability to vote on some builds rather than being slung a build that may not be popular among the players,
    -Add a teams mode to Master Builders, 8 teams 16 players, I feel this would be a great way for friends to build together rather than having to compete all the time,
    -Bring back the report feature but revamp it so it doesn’t depend on how many reports = a ban, as it could be abused, revamp it and actually issue a ban to the player who built something inappropriate,
    -Create some bigger maps, sometimes I feel I would just enjoy it if I had a little more space for my building,
    -Increase the time you have for your build, maybe by just a minute, so the builds can all be a little more advanced,
    -Finally, hide the usernames that are shown as the build just comes onto the screen, and only reveal it after the voting of that build, this can ensure that no hatred towards players is given and its overall more fair.
    I hope you like my suggestions, let me know your thoughts.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  2. I agree with the team bld, but it should be 4v4v4v4 so more party members can participate. I don’t feel like hiding the name is necessary because it appears after the voting has ended. Could you emphasize the about the voting system, but I really believe that the voting system is fine. Lastly, the report feature should be a entity that takes a screenshot of the build from a sky point of view, so staffs can review it.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  3. I didn’t make myself clear, before the game starts all have a vote on a build you will build.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 28, 2019
  4. I'd rather not bring a voting system to Mineplex's Master Builders because then I feel people would always end up just voting for one theme and taking away from the sparatic diverse possiblilties - although I have ended up with P I Z Z A three times in a row lol - that are offered from the rng for this game.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  5. I like most of your ideas so I'll comment on each of the main ones individually. Some are more generic which I will leave out in my response, such as bigger maps. I for one don't see anybody complaining about this.
    I agree with @Ghoast on this one, people would be more likely to vote for themes that are considered easier and require less effort. Your idea might give way to some people exploiting this voting system. The range of different themes are quite diverse and some are designed to pose a challenge. The aim of the game is not to start off with a blueprint in your head but to devise an idea and develop it all within the time frame. However, I would have no objection to more themes being added.
    If you had to choose between either implementing a game with 8 teams of 2, or 4 teams of 4 like @kim_crazy said, I would vote for the team games to have 8 teams of 2. Players often play together in twos and if in a party, I don't think friends would particularly mind being divided as they will end up with a friend either way.
    I am in favor of this idea. It doesn't happen regularly, but at times, people can be biased against a certain player. Whether there is a logical explanation for this behaviour or not, we may not always know so this would be a safe way to keep it fair. Even if not for this reason, it adds an element of surprise which could be considered enjoyable.

I appreciate the thought that went into these and I can see how each feature would be useful to almost everyone. It's a +1 from me, good thinking!

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    alice likes this.
  6. I really like your ideas to revamp master builders. I wouldn't mind introducing the voting system, as it allows players to agree on a particular theme that they like. Though I think that this could encourage them to take the easier way out, instead of making it more unique or having to think about it. I'm not opposed to adding more team modes as it may encourage more people to play within parties. The report feature is iffy, as I don't know this would be implemented.

The regular ways of reporting are fine imo, but if there is a way, then I'd love to see how it works. Maps & the time just add to the challenge of master builders, and I just don't think it's necessary to make it easier for players. Definitely agreeing on the last point, as I can understand why people may have grudges or lean towards a particular player. Thanks for your suggestions!

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    alice and Animalll like this.
  7. Thank you so much for this, I appreciate your feedback so much! I was wondering do I send this to anyone for it to be contemplated whether I should be implemented or do I leave it here ! =D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2020
  8. I like these ideas, but there are two points that I would like to address. The first one is that implementing a report feature for Master Builders would not be an easy task. Because players can already report rule-breakers at mineplex.com/reports, having a separate report feature for Master Builders would require time and effort to create.
    Instead of a bird's-eye view, there should be a screenshot from all three sides (top, side, front) since some structures could be vertical, making it impossible to make out in a top to down perspective. Nevertheless, I do not think the time and effort required for a report feature specifically for Master Builders would be worth it if alternatives such as forum reports exist.

I am also opposed to adding a team-based mode. If a new mode was added to Master Builders, it would split the current player base of the game as some players will choose to play teams, whereas others would play solo. There would be fewer players for either game mode, resulting in games starting slower. A similar suggestion has been denied here as LT was unwilling to split games into multiple modes. Even though a team version of Master Builders could be fun to play with friends, it is currently not feasible to do so.

Besides those two points, I agree with the rest of the ideas. They would likely impact the game for the better and if a new update for Master Builders is planned, then I am looking forward to these suggestions being potentially implemented.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    alice likes this.
  9. It's strange because I know Mineplex used to do this, it was the thing I liked about Master Builders compared to Build Battle... but now they apparently don't hide the name... for no good reason? Whoever decided to change that might need to be laid off.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    alice likes this.
  10. I’m going to have to disagree with the point you made about the teams mode, if we had this mindset then there would be no Skywars teams, no Survival Games Teams, and no Cake Wars Duo, which all have a strong player count. A lot of players on Mineplex have friends that they wish to play with, however in Master Builders they cannot do so because there is only Solo mode, so I don’t think it would split the player base, I still strongly believe a teams mode is necessary and more fun for the community. As for the report feature I feel it’s crucial to implement one, as /report basically becomes useless if somebody has built an inappropriate build, so why should players have to log onto forums, that some may not even have an account, upload screenshots that need to be taken within 10 seconds, and wait until the player has been banned, when they could implement an easy system that takes a screenshot of the build if a report has been casted, stopping inappropriate builders and keeping youngsters safe and pure!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2020
    AceSJus likes this.