• 592 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2748 Players Online
  • 2156 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Master Builders Achievements

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by 73GG, Sep 23, 2020.

?

Should Master Builders get some new achievements?

1. Yes, right now!

2. Eventually...

3. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Do you feel Master Builders should get some new achievements?
    If so, what should they be?

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  2. I definitely agree there should to be more Master Builders achievement. There's been a lot of talk about this in the GI discord lately too. Personally I'm very against any achievement that requires a person to place x number of blocks as it is too easily achieved without actually playing the game, but it is also rewarding the player for just doing the base line objective of the game.

My personal ideas were:
    -Winning without using any coloured wool/clay
    -Win by having less than x number of blocks

Both of these ideas have drawbacks and have been disputed over, but I thought I'd give my two cents on this thread anyway in case it inspires another idea for somebody.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
    Im_Ken, xUmbreon, Xukuwu and 2 others like this.
  3. I think affinity's achievement suggestions were actually pretty good. I also think it would make sense to have a "Place x total blocks in Master Builders"

HOWEVER....this game is practically broken

I play this game a crap ton and it's fundamentally flawed due to it's reliance on each players genuine judgement on a build. the game is so easy to exploit because you are technically allowed to get friends to vote purple without actually being honest on the build. I was guilty when I first played; I basically voted red on every build so that nobody would have a higher chance to win; even if I thought the build was good. the thing is, nobody can ever know what you voted or if you even DID vote. even if you see someone holding a green glass pane, that doesn't mean they thought your build was good. they could've just not clicked to vote. What really is the fix for this is something somewhat controversial due what I am assuming is a flawed ideology of privacy. There needs to be a board, or something that locks your vote which shows what grade each person voted for that build. This will enable us to see if people are teaming/boosting/trolling games. It's not a complete fix but is a crutch to help with the games flaws. But Mineplex's easy excuse is "people don't want others to think they thought their build wasn't good" which is makes literally 0 sense because of the fact that your can just say "my eyes are bleeding" in chat; which would be impossible to be general rudeness for it's indication of the games features. Even when there is an objectively "best" build of the bunch, that doesn't mean it will win; even if it should. I take videos of parties or even just random groups of players who vote for the most irrelevant, effortless, and down right lazy builds that essentially mock the entire 5 minutes that you might be working on something that actually related to the theme. I've seen other people make builds that are just so good.....yet get last place because someone wrote out the word or wrote "bruh idk" out of blocks. It's just a shame that there isn't really a solution.

However, even what I am saying and proposing above is flawed because it is a subjective game. You can't make this game work in a way where the best build wins every game. Peoples' votes are what drive it.

Don't even get me started on inappropriate builds ad the groups of people who just troll the whole game mode.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  4. I think that Master Builders shall get achievements.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  5. I feel you have brought up some excellent points and addressed the flaws of the gamemode well, but this isn't what my question is designed for. I am not asking what is wrong with the gamemode, as we are all well aware that it is a completely judgement based game and the worst of builds can get first and the best get last.

My post is about what achievements players would like to see implemented, if any, as Master Builders only has 1 achievement which is to get 30 wins.

Nonetheless, the points you made are great and would definitely be valuable under another thread but please try and stick to the topic of conversation which is achievements.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  6. Posted Sep 24, 2020
    Xukuwu and 73GG like this.
  7. The reason why I brought up things outside of the achievement proposal is because it directly relates to the game's features and play style, which are not appropriate for a good amount of achievements that could be possible. One cool achievement I have though of is "Get all players to vote purple on your build" or "Acquire 150 points on the board" which both require the broken areas of the game to be fixed. But I understand your concern; my fault for going on a tangent

Posted Sep 24, 2020
    73GG likes this.
  8. I don't really have too many ideas of my own tbh, but I do think that this would be a good idea. Generally, I'd like to see more achievements across all games where the only achievements are to win a certain amount of games and maybe one other. I really, really love Master Builders, so I'd love to see some more achievements. There could be one for a certain amount of builds voted on? And maybe, we could implement a system where if a player got a high enough number of votes, something could pop up on everyone's screen calling the build excellent or something, and an achievement could be to get a certain amount of excellent builds. I'm sure though that there are some people who could be more creative with their ideas than me.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  9. so like hypixel build battles lol

Posted Sep 24, 2020
    Jaek likes this.