• 1429 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7303 Players Online
  • 5874 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Massive Kit Deconfimation Wave

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Wyataz, May 4, 2020.

1. That's, odd.

Recently (as of sunday 5/3/2020) a massive wave was set for various SSM ideas, sure enough many I suppose just finally reached their timeline to be graded for viability soon(tm).

But what is more pressing to me, and likely to other kit makers is the following explaination present, and I quote.
    "Apologies for the late reply. This idea has been denied by GI as they do not think the game needs any more kits and they don't think this new kit would be the best fit for the game."

That's quite strongly worded there, we surely arn't entirely closing doors for all comunity made kits entirely are we?
    Now, I'm an absoulte amatuer about the social sphere of these forums, but to state something as stirring as "We are no longer accepting kits for we have enough" yes we do have 21 kits already present in the game, and sure, we may already have hit the ceiling for viable inclusions, but it's a heavy statement to make, and it has it's consequences.
    Wherever said impact lies is beyond me however.

Edit: Well hey, we do have someone actually looking at these at least.

This has been an informal PSA on a potencially massive change for SSM kit building.
    Please take this with a grain of pepper.
    No- salt, the saying is salt....

Posted May 4, 2020,
    Last edited May 4, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. The issue is that GI wants to focus on balancing right now and I believe they do actually have a new kit suggested as well but don't quote me on that.

This doesn't necessarily mean that ssm will never receive new kits or even that those denied ideas won't later be accepted in the future (but I suggest you give up hope if it was a 1.9+ suggestion). They just don't want to add any new kits as of now. Most likely they won't be considering new kit suggestions for implementation until they feel that the kit situation is completely fine and balanced.

Posted May 4, 2020
  3. SSM gi have alot of random players

Posted May 4, 2020
  4. I mean yea, I doubt closed door lasts forever, still impactful to put limit on such a thing
    If, it even is actually close door.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 4, 2020
  5. GI doesn't generally put literal limits on new kits. Guardian was added from a forums idea if memory serves, and although it's not super recent, it was an example of a community suggested kit being added. I am not personally on Smash GI and cannot speak for them, but I believe that generally speaking, their stance is that most of the mobs they would consider eligible to be in the game already are, and as such they want to focus on balance and other things primarily. That said, if someone were to come up with a good enough idea, it's difficult to see why it wouldn't be added, considering that that has happened before.

Posted May 5, 2020
  6. At the end of the day it comes down to Production as far as whether or not any new content on the server whatsoever is added. Production has numerous teams that feed into it, such as Game Insights but also the Ideas Team, a subteam dedicated to fielding community requests on Production's behalf. A surprisingly large amount of Ideas are actually commissioned for development by Production.

Game Insights is an authority as far as the content in Super Smash Mobs is concerned, yes, but they are not the final authority.

Posted May 5, 2020
  7. I do agree with GI's decision, as balancing and bug fixes should come before adding anything new. Plus, most kit ideas mentioned are either redundant, too poorly balanced, or unnecessary for the game.

SSM already has a lot of kits to choose from and at least one should fit your playstyle.

Maybe after the current kits get balanced out and fixed, I wouldn't mind seeing new kits in ssm.

Posted May 5, 2020
  8. Hello, Fello GI LFO Pilot here to address the controversy occurring before your very eyes.

I've did a light skimming of the rejected ideas, and I also had a small conversation with someone rejecting the threads before it happened on why it isn't a great idea to do this, and this is exactly why. so let me give you my honest viewpoint of whats happening and before I even get to it, no the door isn't being closed.

For the current scheduled patch, I think we're set to go. From experience and observations, we can only fit so much content into one patch at a time. That usually means one new kit, and balancing of the rest. Guardian and Villager were added in patches that only had one new kit at a time, so it's nothing new. I wish we had the time to create, test, and balance all possible mobs in the game all in one go but that isn't possible. Trust me I want more mobs too, like Donkey, normal Horse or even Zombie Horse. For this specific patch, I believe we have our one planned kit, our planned changes, and that could be it.

However, that does not mean any possible patches down the line won't have future community ideas incorporated or influencing them, whether it be new kits new moves or balancing suggestions. I'm not entirely sure why Ideas Team went and mass rejected all the threads even after I said it wasn't a good idea when it was suggested but it happened. I'd largely ignore those rejections since the ideas could possibly be added later down the line and as of right now because, unless it's something ridiculous like Ender Dragon kit using the actual dragon mob which will almost always be a no-no, we'd much rather focus on balancing than adding too many more kits and leave less time to balance what we have. >>But that doesn't mean no other new kits or ideas will be implemented later down the line! << We have to balance out dev time each patch we go.

Another common occurrence I see is usually kits as a whole get "rejected" based on a few flaws in each kit design. I don't mind piecing together various kit designs from various posts, or adjusting existing kit ideas to make them work. This is the same argument I brought up a long time ago against the behavior of locking threads, to instead keep threads open if they were rejected, because they used to close threads if they weren't fully accepted. We can improve shaky ideas by providing feedback and still work with it. Plus adding "rejected" ideas down the line just makes us all look bad.

I swear I turn my head for one second... Just take it from me. We have not reached a kit or community idea limit unless someone from the heavens tells us otherwise. We are still listening to your ideas, talking about them and incorporating them as we go. Keep 'em coming.

Posted May 5, 2020
    Mitchy, Xukuwu, Jaek and 6 others like this.
  9. weeb

Posted May 5, 2020
    Mitchy and Niervaco like this.
  10. This thread has just been brought to my attention. I was the one who denied all those kit ideas, so I'd like to apologise here for how badly I worded that denial message. I was told by SSM GI that all those kits ideas had been denied in the form they were in, and since there were so many I just decided to write a general denial reason instead of further discussing and getting more specific reasons. This was me being lazy and not wanting to spend that extra time to make sure there was clear communication with the community about these kits. Ideas Team's purpose is to communicate between GI, LT, and the community and me not keeping to that was wrong and reflects badly on the team as a whole. I'm sorry for the confusion this has caused. As @Niervaco said, they are definitely not ruling out adding any more kits to the game and he was right about how it wasn't a great idea to straight-up deny all of those threads (I should have listened to you...)

Posted May 15, 2020