• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7150 Players Online
  • 4260 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mass Cakewars

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by AlmightyCupid11, Aug 4, 2020.

1. So yesterday i saw that Hypixel did a 40v40 limited edition bedwars, with 3 cakes. It would be cool if we had 10v10 cakewars, with 2 cakes, and with traps and potions.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  2. Hello <o/

While I do believe that having an increased number of players in a Cake Wars gamemode would be awesome, I don't believe that Mineplex has the playerbase to bring in a game like this. With being said, I don't see any flaws with this idea, especially since most of the things you have stated are already in the regular cake wars gamemode. However, when you suggest traps and potions, do you mean additional traps and potions? I would also like to see some additional potions that you can choose from, to give this game a little bit more spice and make it more interesting, so it won't feel that similar to regular Cake Wars. Perhaps there can even be some new Cake Wars kits to further make the gameplay as unique as possible. There are plenty of suggestions already under the New Kits Discussion sub-forum. Overall, I give this idea a 0, but if Mineplex can increase their playercount, I believe this could be a viable option for a new gamemode.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  3. True, but 5v5, that's , realistic.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2020
  4. Invisibility, Jump, Speed. And Fatigue. Possibly somethhing like 'it's a trap!'

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2020
  5. Hmm, this definitely seems fun. I’m all for adding mass games, however I’m not really sure if this would be the best course of action. As stated above, Mineplex really doesn’t have the capability to support a larger version of Cake Wars on top of Standard and Duos. Plus, 10v10 is a lot of players, and currently I don’t think Mineplex has a big enough playerbase for it.

For your idea on adding potions, I’m not really sure I agree. I feel like it would just complicate things, and some potions could be OP in certain situations. Potions in Cake Wars has been brought up before, but the general consensus was that it wasn’t the best idea. So for right now, I’m going to give a -1, but feel free to post any other suggestions you might have!

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  6. If you’re talking about something like 5v5 or 4v4, I think this idea can be possible. I feel like this specific game mode would be more competitive in my opinion, as you are focused on 1 team. Some may think it would just he about rushing the opponents base, however strategy does come in place.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  7. I don’t see how this would work. There will always be multiple people at the base protecting, and in bed wars it is a lot quicker and easier to break a bed. In cakewars you have to eat it slice by slice. I think this would get very boring.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  8. I agree but I think that Mineplex said that they can't exactly copy HyperLandsMC and Hypixel

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Perseus likes this.
  9. Copying Hypixel ._.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  10. Technically, no, because it is no longer available on Hypixel.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020