• 1826 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1826 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Maps V2

Discussion in 'Champions' started by unrelease, Oct 20, 2020.

?

Do you agree?

1. I agree

2. No, I don't agree

3. Maybe

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Currently some of the champions maps are pretty underwhelming in looks. They are either too busy or just don't hit the mark. The maps I am talking about are Sakura, Western Canyon, Amazon, Pyramid (Yes I know this was revamped recently) and Old Village. Most of these maps don't have the best gameplay either. I feel as if a small gameplay and looks revamp would be nice.

Posted Oct 20, 2020
    ARareBlackBear, Starx280 and aiirr like this.
  2. I definitely agree here, I've always been more fond of the older maps like Hidden Valley, Twin Peaks Extreme, and Gulley Revamp. This could definitely be due to familiarity since they've been around for so long as well as having been worked on a lot more. Because of this I find the gameplay on those maps to be a bit better than the newer ones. I actually also enjoy Amazon, I can see how gameplay isn't the best there sometimes because it definitely favors some kits over others, but I really enjoy the flatness of the map while also having a lot of higher peaks with the trees for rangers. I think the newer maps are pretty good when it comes to the theme and how they look, though the gameplay for most of them is different in comparison to the older maps. I find that this is because the older maps are a lot more 'simple' in comparison to the newer ones, which I personally enjoy for almost all games that I play on Mineplex, just because I don't like the atmosphere of the map taking away from the actual gameplay itself; just a personal opinion though.

It's not often you see Champion maps being uploaded by the community on the forums, though, I'd love to see some takes on revamping the maps you've mentioned in specific if anyone reading this has the time and skills to do so! Or even if anyone has any ideas as to what could be changed would be nice to hear. I hope more people respond to this because I know peoples views on maps within this community are very different from one another.

Posted Oct 20, 2020
    Starx280 and unrelease like this.
  3. Yea, they new maps look good but they lack in the gameplay department!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2020
  4. Exactly

I prefer a functional champions map over a decorative one

(and also old maps gold maps)

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  5. I agree!

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  6. I definitely agree. I feel like the Champions gamemode in general could use a long-awaited update to draw in players new and old. +1

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  7. Also I forgot the plus one +1

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    ImJoshing likes this.
  8. Most of the champions maps are outdated. If you compare the existing champions maps to newer CW or Skywars maps, you can definitely tell they have age to them. Some people like the charm, but most don't really care. If champions isn't going to see a new update, at least give it some new maps. Mineplex is basically killing the game by not giving it any attention, not even maps. I would really love to see new maps for Champions!

+1

Posted Oct 22, 2020