• 813 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11807 Players Online
  • 10994 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Maps Preference

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by 90k, Apr 29, 2021.

Tags:
?

Do you support this change?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. Right now, most people don't use the map voting system. I think the main reason for this is it gets too repetitive having to do it every game.

A system similar to the Nano Favorite games system could replace the map voting system. Players could choose their favorite and least favorite maps (3 EACH). This number could be increased for games with lots of live maps such as Micro Battles. Not only would this entice players to "vote" for maps, but it would also give more feedback regarding what maps should be replaced with new maps, fixed, etc.

Posted Apr 29, 2021
    Paladise and Idut like this.
  2. There's a map voting system?!!?

Posted Apr 29, 2021
  3. This is for Java

Posted Apr 29, 2021
    90k likes this.
  4. Oooooooooooooòooh

Posted Apr 29, 2021
  5. Vouch. Pressing right click and left is 2 clicks too much especially for cakewars players.

Posted Apr 29, 2021
    90k likes this.
  6. I'm going to have to disagree with this idea, simply because I feel like groups of players would set a map or two to their favorites and it would most likely be played most of the games, if not all, due to parties of 4 players constantly being present in most of the cake wars lobbies. I feel like this would make some maps way more repetitive than others, and that it would, in fact, kill the map rotation instead of fixing it.
    The map voting system is good because it doesn't always include the same batch of maps, and most of the maps are played due to this.
    There are a lot of good cake wars maps, and I feel like they all deserve to be played in some lobbies at least, which I think is very unlikely to happen if parties set the same map as their favorite just to play it every single game (or nearly every single one).
    I will have to give this a -1 due to the reasoning stated above.

EDIT: I mainly talked about Cake Wars in my reply, but the same logic is accurate with a lot of games, it would just make a lot of maps repetitive and others never played at all so I just don't think it's a good idea. If a builder(s) spent their time to create a map and the appropriate team took their time to check out the map and approve it, I feel like it deserves to be played at least in some games despite there being better maps that most of the players prefer.
    I hope this makes sense.

Posted Apr 29, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 29, 2021
  7. I think this is an interesting idea, although I feel a little mixed about it. Like said above, in games like Cake Wars a party of highly skilled players could all vote the same map as their least favorite and the same map as their favorite, and odds are that map will be picked every time. This wouldn't be fair to other players in the lobby who might have a favorite map and would have to keep lobby hopping to find a game where this isn't taking place.

I definitely agree with your point that this could be a valuable feedback system. Maps that consistently get voted as people's least favorite could be candidates for removal, while maps that are voted as favorites get to stay. It's definitely an easy process in that sense and would be beneficial in a lot of ways. Overall though, I'm mixed; it's a good idea in theory, but there are definitely cons that go along with it.

Posted Apr 29, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  8. Or maybe maps that people don't like as much could just get updated

Posted Apr 29, 2021
    Paladise likes this.