• 1241 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6519 Players Online
  • 5278 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Map downloads?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Games' started by akeyfortyseven, Aug 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi! This isnt like my other posts where I say something that would be nice to change, but I was wondering if there was a way to download the cakewars maps (on bedrock) so I could maybe start doing map studies on cakewars. Mainly quads maps but duos maps would be nice. If there is a place to download the bedrock maps that would be cool (so maybe a suggestion if mineplex doesn’t have their maps open for download).
    I know this might be controversial as some random obscure server that only has 100 regular players could download the maps, but I don’t think they’ll be able to implement cakewars better than mineplex
    If it’s a solid “no” I will be a bit disappointed but I will understand mineplex’s POV.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  2. I don't think the maps are open for download. But you could always just walk around the maps by playing normally!

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  3. You can get the world download mod but idk if its bannable or not to use it on mineplex.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  4. I’m pretty sure they won’t ban u for it, as bedrock anticheats are based off of player actions rather than checking if someone has an alternate client or resource pack. Sometimes my friends get false kicked because they’re in spectator mode and they somehow pick up an item and the anticheat goes haywire. Maybe if a mod or sr mod could answer that question that would be great if not, well, I guess no world download for me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2019
  5. I highly doubt that you would be able to download the Cakewars map. They probably didn't give an option for download due to the fact that there might be some people claiming the map for themselves or other server's using the map. You could go to support and ask there but to be honest they'd probably say the same thing.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  6. there are many other small servers that copy other "highly recognizable servers'" maps, but im pretty sure 99% of people will know that the maps were mineplex's maps and i think it would be difficult for other small servers to implement the "capturing a base" system as its on bedrock and they are of course a small server. just my 2 cents

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2019
  7. lol playing normally by walking around maps over and over again
    --- Post updated ---
    If you go into cakewars, you have to actually play the game. There’s no exceptions.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    FluteVegetables and NothinButNet like this.
  8. Maps have never been and never will be open for download. Our maps are personally built by our wonderful build team or users within our community. Once we put them live on our network, we will not give anyone else the rights to the use of those maps, as they are now for Mineplex. I'm sorry that we could not meet your needs, but almost any server will not give out their maps to anyone.

Thread Locked.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    FluteVegetables and NothinButNet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.