• 1609 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8403 Players Online
  • 6794 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

map downloads for bedrock

Discussion in 'Help' started by akeyfortyseven, Aug 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi! i made a post already in a separate section but someone told me that the best way to get my question answered is here. i would like to do map studies on bedrock cakewars maps (mostly quads) on my youtube channel which i think would be beneficial to many other players. i want to download maps for this purpose and this purpose only. however, i understand that opening up maps for download is a way for small servers to just copy mineplex and mineplex could lose players, so i will be a bit disappointed if i cant download, but i will 100% understand the circumstances in which mineplex wont allow world downloads. someone suggested to just do map studies while playing cakewars, however it will be very hard to study a map while trying to stay alive in the game. a solution i have to the small servers is to put a copyright on the map (idk how that would work) or work with microsoft to temporarily disband servers that copy maps, but i promise i would use the bedrock cakewars maps for good purposes.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  2. Hello hello!

Unfortunately, we do not allow our maps to be downloaded off of our servers for players to use them for their own benefit. As you said yourself, these can be used on other, small servers, which we do not allow. Since we cannot be 100% certain of where these are going and what they are going to be used for, we do not allow them to be downloaded. I'm going to go and lock this thread, but please send me over a PM if you have any other questions!

Thread Locked - Concerns Addressed

Posted Aug 29, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.