• 3059 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11497 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Making the Skeleton King Legend Drop Higher

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by tofu, Jun 14, 2019.

1. As we all know, the Skeleton King rate drop legend drop is 15%, while a Iron Wizard has a 10% drop rate. I believe adding another 5% to Skeleton King would have players actually want to buy them. As they are a lot harder then the normal IW, it would add a lot more of variety to the game with people spawning in Skeleton Kings and Iron Wizards, then just spawning the Iron Wizards.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    Critiql likes this.
  2. Thread Moved to Game Alterations.
    I don't really play Clans, so I don't exactly have an opinion on this.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  3. I like how this thread starts with "As we all know", yet the legendary drop rates aren't accessible by the public. I'm a bit curious how you got those numbers first, it'd be necessary to the discussion if they were in fact different for IW and SK

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  4. I don't know for sure, i thought I was positive on it as my whole clan said so and said everyone else knew that. Guess I was wrong lmao.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 26, 2019
  5. The drop rates aren't public at all, and if they were I don't think that the SK and IW would have different drop rates.
    SK is actually a lot easier than people think.
    The Skeleton King:
    >Moves around, but not as much as the Iron Wizard
    >Has 500 less HP than Iron Wizard
    >Does not take KB, meaning it's a lot easier fr a group of people to shoot at

<Lots of mobs jump out at you, causing you to have to move around often
    <Wraiths instakill most of the time
    <Mobs sometimes leap out of their boundaries and hit you
    ----
    The Iron Wizard:
    >Can easily take no damage from it while attacking because it stays in corners most of the time and you can just get out of its range
    >Can be meleed using legends with a lower chance of instant death

<Moves around quite often
    <Has 500 more HP than the Skeleton King
    <Deadly Tremor is quite deadly if you don't have break fall 3
    <Easier to clean because no extra mobs / wraiths to annoy you when attacking players

These are just some of the things I thought about when thinking of the differences. Which one you prefer to farm when buying summons depends on what YOU think is easier. I personally think the SK is easier because of the less health and no KB, but some people might prefer not being able to take damage at a certain distance from the IW.

Now, should they have different drop rates?
    My opinion is: No. They should not. And even if they did, it should not be publicly released which event gives a higher chance of legends.
    Any hint of an event giving more legends would cause people to buy that certain event way more than the other event. Think about it. If it was publicly known that the SK has a higher legend drop chance (not saying it does, i dont know myself)), then nobody would buy IW tokens because they have a less drop chance.
    Right now people make their bases next to action, next to fields, next to shops, or next to the event they prefer more so that they can go to it faster and farm it easily. If one event had a higher drop chance than another, that would sway the base locations towards that event.
    Also, while I personally think the SK is easier, they are both pretty balanced. As they are both pretty equal, they shouldn't have one give better drops than the other, because they are equal.

Anyway these are just my opinions. I'm interested to see what other people come up with.

Posted Jun 26, 2019
    Critiql likes this.
  6. The thing about the SK is, it's a lot easier than the IW when you have two people. Reason being is the wraiths don't spawn unless you decide to push forth and attack mobs. A strat many use is having a ranger or two stay back and obviously shoot the SK, and an assassin watching their backs by killing mobs but not getting close. This stops wraiths from spawning (probably not intentional but it has worked for many seasons now).
    Of course if an enemy clan come in boom wraiths spawn and well just fight wraiths. Again if you stay in the corner they don't actually come all the way apart from like the 1% seismic slam like jump to you and take your entire health bar.
    Regardless, in general I do feel that drops should be buffed as I always end up getting runed weapons or armour drops from 5 or more events a day. I say that with a smile because today ended up getting two legend drops, both from IW.

Posted Jul 5, 2019