• 1115 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9810 Players Online
  • 8695 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Making Bedrock More Independant

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Jet Starglaze, Apr 16, 2021.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes!

2. No (comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey,

so you may have noticed that bedrock relys on java ALOT. for example, the build team being on java, most subteams requiring you to have a java account, events being on java, and more. Bedrock dosent get this level of attention. bedrock gets 10x the amount of players, but is treated like a side piece to java. why dont we see bedrock taking the spotlight?

Things happen so slow on bedrock. Mineplex bedrock has been up for a while, but only a few months ago have we seen the first event. Java players can link their discord to their page, bedrock players cannot. Java players can see their stats, bedrock players cannot. Bedrock players cant see their skins, cant enter givaways, and until recently couldnt make groups. Do you get the gist? Like, for a whole month EU players couldnt join bedrock.

Bedrock is more popular than java, so it should be getting attention.

Us bedrock players are kinda getting sick of java taking the spotlight, and bedrock being neglected, and being told "soonTM".

I could go on forever, but im gonna sum this thread up by saying bedrock gets less attention by java, why?

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    Mr.Cardyceps, Fusafez, zapig and 9 others like this.
  2. No idea man, I had a whole thread dedicated to making a Bedrock Build team or even allowing Bedrock players to submit maps and it ended up about half and half with the community, with most of the players disagreeing with the team being Java(not a coinicedence in my opinion) heres that thread thread https://www.mineplex.com/threads/official-bedrock-build-team.194769/

But I'm sure the responses your going to get is Java players are more dedicated/mature and thats where the money comes from. While that may be true that can easily be shifted by providing a rank thats payed for monthly like Java and just more things to buy in general. And the playerbase has many mature players but there are always going to be the younger ones because of the platform Bedrock is on.

Overall, I agree with you more focus needs to be put on Bedrock. I appreciate the devs work and I'm really happy with what they've done in the past 6 months but I feel more could happen and we just have to wait it out. But yea I agree with you more focus should be put on the game because theres so much potential, you can't make money without spending money, so I feel if the owners where to put so money/attention into the Bedrock platform they may be suprised on the outcome. Thanks for makin the thread Jet the communities opinion are the most important part of all servers, and to those who post after me, keep your post respectful and providing constructive critisim. I'd hate for another thread with good intentions to get locked.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    Orangey, JeffTried and Jet Starglaze like this.
  3. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there are many plans to expand teams to give Bedrock more attention, this has already been seen through forming a Bedrock category for Game Insights as well as launching the cross-platform staff program for current Java [and Bedrock] staff members. Both have worked out great - with proposals released for both Bedrock Cake Wars and Block Hunt and tons of new Bedrock staff to expand the numbers.

Unfortunately I can't see the Build Team making any changes in the foreseeable future, however; I can't remember exactly where but iirc @joshuart mentioned that the Build Team can easily create maps to Bedrock as they please, but it is up to higher-ups to actually move them/release them there, not them themselves. I definitely would encourage more maps being pushed to Bedrock alongside every Java map update, or perhaps every 2-3 updates. It just seems like the right thing to do and would be another step in the right direction.

I've seen gyro recently and he's working hard to eliminate as many bugs as possible, of which not all are announced as they're small issues, but it is unfortunately only him, pretty much. As for new content, I don't think that would be coming soon, bugs are priority.

Oh yeah and also - Bedrock Translations are coming back! It was discontinued at some point but it's now making a return, I think it's a great move for Bedrock :)

Now, to make sure I actually touch on what you said on the thread -
    I definitely wish for more events on Bedrock. From what I know, they plan to do so but of course other than a few spotty events here and there it has been dry. Perhaps with the new EA members, whenever they will be announced, they will be more plans for Bedrock events? I can imagine some Bedrock people would apply which would of course want to do something for that platform.

For the linking-discord-to-page argument, I don't think it's really something to mention. It's only for Immortals, which is a subscription rank. If there was a subscription rank on Bedrock and they didn't have that feature then yeah it would be worth speaking about but currently they don't so it is only a Java thing. As it stands, not many people even buy Bedrock ranks (I do not blame them either, they need reworks -- especially Duke/Duchess -- or at least more features). If there was a subscription rank, who would even buy it? Once again, fixing old things should be a greater priority than releasing new content.

The not-being-able-to-see-skins thing is an issue with the website/linking system, maybe @Marzie could clarify but I don't think it was intentional to not allow that platform's players to see their skins. Same thing with groups - an issue with the linking system? Not exactly something that could have been fixed easily because of how Bedrock works

I can't comment on the EU server thing, from what I heard it was some version incompatibility because multiplayer Bedrock has terrible infrastructure or whatever compared to Java, but that's not my area so don't take my words as truth.

In conclusion, support Bedrock!!

Posted Apr 16, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 16, 2021
  4. I would say check out the link I put in my reply but you responded to it but I still think it fully covers a lot of the things you brought up I'd go into depth but that's a conversation for another day. But yea I agree with a lot of your points it just needs more attention overall, with having more players in all. Like I said it has so much potential just needs a little love.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  5. lol who even plays Mineplex Java I only go there for Hypixel, I agree Bedrock should be more independent, look at the Hive’s success.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  6. We've brought this up hundreds of times, and we get no response or a bland "we're working on it"/"soonTM" response.

I feel like moderators and sr mods arnt the ones to blame. I rarely ever see any of the owners, leaders, devs, admins comments on threads addressing mineplex's issues, if they do its just 1 sentence and it gets 15 million likes. For the higher ups, i feel like money is more valued than player feedback and such. What was "how do we make players happy" has turned into "how do we get players to pay for ranks." I just dont understand why they dont interact with the community as much as other servers. We also get no transparancy, which makes it look like they are not doing anything, even if they are. I feel like the higehr ups are fine with the curent playercount, its probably generating enough money from ranks and immortal and such. I just have a question, why are they not as transparant?

A simple solution to solve the tention with players is just for the higher ups to be more transparant.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 18, 2021
  7. there needs to be alot of things done and changed but players have been saying that for a long time

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  8. I definitely agree with a lot of your post. Bedrock holds a ton of Mineplex players and it is pretty evident in a lot of cases that it does not get the same attention as Java, which I definitely believe to be pretty unfair.

In terms of updates, I think the slowness can be best explained by how there's really only one front-end Bedrock developer. Gyro does his best and it's clear that he's working really hard to push things out for Bedrock, but there's only so much one person can do. I could say Mineplex needs to hire more developers but that's way easier said than done. So this unfortunately is really out of our control until Mineplex gets more dedicated Bedrock developers.

I 100% agree that there should be more Bedrock-related events. Java players often get the spotlight when it comes to events while players who do not own a Java account are left out. It's something that I think a lot of people would appreciate and would definitely put Bedrock in the light more. With the whole website thing (viewing stats, skins showing up, etc), to my knowledge it has something to do with the way the website is set up and the way Bedrock as a whole is set up (I could be wrong on this) but yeah I agree that being able to view Bedrock stats/other things is something that should be done.

Only Immortals can link their Discord account so I don't see this as big of an issue. The majority of Mineplex's players don't have Immortal and can't link their account anyway, whether they main Java or Bedrock. Linking Discord is more of an Immortal perk. Maybe in the future we'll see something like Immortal for Bedrock, which would be interesting, although I highly doubt Mineplex is going down the path to add more ranks soon.

In conclusion, yeah Bedrock needs more attention. It holds more players than Java and is often neglected in terms of events and other things. Hopefully in the future, with the addition of Bedrock GI and (hopefully) some other Bedrock-specific teams, there'll be more excitement for the platform in the future.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  9. Why not hire more?

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  10. They always say "from what i've heard, its hard to hire bedrock devs." which is funny because a server with less than 16 players on at once can pump out amazing updates every week or so, while a FEATURED server apparently finds it harder to hire devs than a small server with less than 16 players on at once.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2021
  11. Their missing a chance to make this bigger

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  12. Hiring people for a job is not as easy as you might think, especially for a position like this. The person needs to be an actual good developer who is willing to spend a ton of time working for the server, and not everyone fits that bill. I would like to see more Bedrock developers, but hiring more of them isn't easy. It all comes down to who's actually interested in the position and who's qualified enough.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    GuardianInASuit likes this.
  13. As @Kight said "But I'm sure the responses your going to get is Java players are more dedicated/mature and thats where the money comes from. " This is partially true but people who play bedrock doe have pretty big wallets a, not all but if you please someone with a nice experience they're more likely to be a returning player who ends up purchasing a rank. Saying that java players are more loyal is an excuse, and I know that we have very few devs but there are many fish in the sea. And bedrock only got one :/

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    Kight and Jet Starglaze like this.
  14. Hiring developers is a lot easier if you advertise the job openings, something Mineplex has made no effort to do.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    maevestarbaby, Mothy, Kight and 4 others like this.
  15. Nice title

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  16. I agree with a lot of what was said here. Especially since bedrock has more players.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  17. It's pretty absurd that things like skyblock are "down for maintenance" since October. Or game update plans are posted, and then we get six plus months of "working on it." Putting out statements about what updates are planned becomes extremely hollow when there is no additional feedback or follow up.

The solution is to hire more developers, or scale back expectations. The excuses have worn thin. Skyblock isn't down for maintenance, it's closed indefinitely. Game updates aren't in the works, there's only one developer. They're postponed indefinitely. Since mineplex doesn't seem to be hiring for bedrock developers (can't find anyone? Pay more.), it would seem retracting the "planned updates" would be more honest. Instead, mineplex sends out waves of mods and trainees to post "oh no it's in the works!" and "well we only have one developer, you see."

It would be great if an admin could actually address this.

Posted Apr 20, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and PhoenixSky like this.
  18. Who knows maybe a huge skyblock update is coming out

Posted Apr 20, 2021
  19. Lol it’s not as easy as just going to LinkedIn and magically finding a developer that’s good for a Minecraft server, I’m pretty sure Mineplex has their own standards too, they aren’t gonna hire a sub standard dev just because they can’t find a good one. (But I bet they haven’t even tried to find a dev anyways so we’re screwed)

Posted Apr 21, 2021
  20. Making game updates takes time. I know it's really hard to wait for things but things take time to create. SkyBlock went down one day after a database outage. The dev who was going to bring it back up just never did and then left the team a few weeks later. Moderators/Staff who are not in QaT have little to no clue what is being worked on so the best answer they can give you is it's being worked on. Would you rather have us just throw a game update together within a couple of days and send it to the dev to make or would you rather have a large game update that has been worked on for months? I personally would rather see the months of work go into it.

- GuardianInASuit | Bedrock Moderator

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    Diego0160, BookishMage3816 and usnic like this.