• 194 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3408 Players Online
  • 3214 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Making Assassin Viable

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Jan 11, 2021.

Tags:
?

Would it be good?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2021.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Overpowered

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Underpowered

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Okay boys and girls this is my plan to make Assassin a decent kit. Let me know what you think!

Assassin

• Reintroduce new "Stealth" passive.

• Introduce ability "Warp" to enhance sneaking up potential and endgame viability.
    Assassin

Passive: Backstabber

• Attacking enemies from behind deals +3 damage and no knockback.
    Passive: Stealth

• Cannot be tracked my compasses.
    Ability: Warp

• Right-click and hold your weapon to charge Warp. Charges 25% per second.

• When fully-charged you will teleport to the area you're looking at that is within 20 blocks.

• 30s cooldown.
    Some smoke particles will spawn around you while charging. Some smoke particles will appear at the block you teleport to.

A low and quiet (Players within 4 blocks can hear) flap noise is played both at your original and new location at the same time.

Damage won't cancel the ability. The ability is only cancelled if the player loses sight on the block they were trying to warp to so if they can consistently do that they'll teleport.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    VictoryChampion, okDamien and Fusafez like this.
  2. cool

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Aaron. likes this.
  3. hi i like adding no-kb to assassin hits from behind + not being able to be tracked by compasses. However a warp ability i think could make it too powerful.. good ideas!

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Aaron., okDamien and mab8400 like this.
  4. The passive is something I always thought they should add. Yes
    The backstabber could definitely be implemented, but I think the one you proposed could be too OP. yes (no)
    The warp thing seems kind of confusing; i think new players would have no clue what to do with this ability or how to do it but even then I think that the other abilities you mentioned would balance out the kit; this might not be needed. no

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Aaron. likes this.
  5. Heyo!
    I actually really like the idea of introducing that Passive ability. I didn't play a lot of SG before, so I didn't know that it used to be a thing. Giving the kit some sort of active ability could be great, however I think that a long range teleport could be too strong. Maybe we could incorporate the ability that the Assassin kit has in Champions, Evade. If the player blocks with their sword and an enemy tries to hit them, the player would teleport behind the enemy. This could make dealing more damage from behind even better! It would need a long cooldown though.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Pillowbro, Aaron., Idut and 1 other person like this.
  6. Okay so I don't know why I didn't realize sooner that the ability "Warp" was going to be overpowered. If any of you could help think up an alternative ability (I only want ability ideas because Assassin needs Endgame viability), then that'd be greatly appreciated!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2021
  7. Hi again!
    That's understandable. In that case, I would like to suggest what I said before about implementing the Champions ability Evade. It could be an altered version if the current one seems a bit too strong. Maybe it could inflict Blindness for a second or two instead? Its up for discussion lol :)

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Aaron. likes this.
  8. I've thought about it but Evade would definitely be too strong of a skill to add.

Alternatively, I've thought up "Swift Strike" where you're able to gain the speed effect. More on that on my "Making Assassin Viable v2" post!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2021