• 754 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9192 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make The Website Load Pages With Excess Images Faster

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Danese, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Hi,
    Whenever I attempt to load any page on Mineplex.com that contains a large number of images, such as the Map Database threads, the page takes 15-30 minutes to load and become usable, due to what I presume is the website trying to load 30-45 images at once.
    Please fix this. It makes me sad.

-Dan

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  2. Can you give me an example of a page that takes 15-30 minutes to load? I haven’t had any issues

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  3. I also haven’t had any issues with this.
    I did just try to look at the map database thread though. It is taking a while to load. But that’s really the only section where there is a problem since no other thread contains that many images.

I don’t think this is really an issue that can be fixed. It’s mainly just a personal issue for your phone/PC, there’s too many images. Mineplex can’t really do much about that. Especially since it really is only an issue on the map database threads. Everything else works fine. If you’re on your phone, maybe consider switching to your computer. It’ll probably make the images load a little quicker.

Maybe an alternative solution would be to have it so the map database threads are more split up? That way there aren’t so many images on one thread.

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  4. Yo!
    This has nothing to do with Mineplex or their website provider therefore it can't be really fixed on their end. The reason it can take ages to load is due to your wifi, and it states this towards the bottom of the Map Database threads.. and also since these are the only threads that hold massive amounts of pictures I don't see a reason to change anything.
    The threads are already split up and organized in a great way. I personally think it's fine the way it is since if they made it more separated it would look messy on their end but now it's simple and clean.
    I'd just suggest looking at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...XiloO1_mXSpJLVXUhkysPdnn4/edit#gid=1146257427 since it holds all the maps without the images so it loads faster.

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Tea likes this.