• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6942 Players Online
  • 4052 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make Runner Great Again

Discussion in 'Runner' started by Onion, Aug 1, 2020.

?

Do these suggestions sound good?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Heyy
    I had a few ideas on how to make runner a better game.

I've found that runner is one of my favorite games on the server, but it hardly ever gets played because its hard to get a party of 8 people to join when its kinda difficult to search. What if it was made so that way it only took 6 or 4 people to start? I'm not sure that would work, but I find it worth it to ask.
    Also I think it'd be benificial to reduce fall damage by half, and remove falling block damage completely, to make it more a runner game insteasd of a don't die from fall damage. Sure, fall damage can add some strategy, which is why I only suggest taking half of it off.
    And maybe replace the snowball kit for a different kit? I find the snowballs to be completely useless, not many players use them, and I've heard from a few people that they glitch anyways and don't work at all.
    Or just get rid of it altogether, even.

Not sure if any of this has been mentioned yet, but thanks for reading anyways!

Posted Aug 1, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  2. Game Insights are planning to remove falling blocks and their damage completely, as we don't think it's fair or necessary for the game to have to be aware of the blocks above you since the focus of the game is on parkour. Since we are doing this, we're not reducing normal fall damage because that will then become the only way you can receive damage in the game and so you should have to be aware of that.

We're also currently planning (not set in stone, especially for a large change such as this) to remove both the Frosty kit and the Archer kit because they both feel clunky and as if they were added to the game just so that it had kits and not because they were a necessary addition to the game.

In theory, that sounds great because it's a shame we can't get Runner lobbies (or most other arcade games) going anymore. However, it would also allow people to stat boost more easily since they need fewer alts in order to get games going. I also believe that if we were to alter the player requirement for one arcade game, we would need to do it for all arcade games otherwise Mixed Arcade might be a bit clunky, and some games might not work as well with so few players. I'm, on the whole, for the idea, but there are just those two issues that I think we would need to iron out before we could make that change.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
    Legend998, Laylq and IHackedJake like this.