• 586 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3165 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned MAKE ROSE RUSH ITS OWN GAME

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Leave, Dec 6, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see rose rush stay?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. Hello to whom may be reading this thread.

I've come to create this thread today because i'd like to hear other player opinions on whether or not the event game "Rose Rush" is worth being its own stand-alone game mode. Rose Rush is a great game mode, has the same grind aspect of many other previous and current game modes in-fact, this may include game modes like "Sheep Quest", "Cake Wars", etc. It's unfortunate to see the game mode disappear every 52 weeks for it to only stay for a couple days.

Rose Rush could be pushed to be a game mode that is worth the play, many players are eye-balled by games like Cake Wars which is why there are so many players there. Personally, i believe this game mode has the potential to beat many other game modes that are currently present. I think with Achievement kits that can be unlocked/ statistics, players will be more encouraged to attend Rose Rush.

Let me know your opinion!

My suggestion:
    - Create another Valentines season event(Make a game similar to the current Christmas & Halloween modes)
    - Make "Rose Rush" It's own stand-alone game mode; however, with the reasonable nerfs and adjustments.
    - Rose Rush Statistics/ Achievements.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  2. Hello!

I haven’t played this game before so I can’t offer an opinion on it really. However, I can say that in the past many people have asked for almost all of the event games to become full time games. Usually, these ideas aren’t received very well and turned down pretty fast. Ultimately, people don’t really want to play event games as full time games because part of what makes them special is the fact they come from events.

If I had actually played the game, I would be able to give better suggestions. I’m just going to leave this as +0 right now.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  3. Nah, I don't agree with this. Rose Rush is meant specifically for Valentines, and adding it to the public full-time takes away how special it is. Rose Rush is most like Sheep Quest anyway, so having two very similar games wouldn't make too much sense either. That's like asking for HH to be year-round. It wouldn't make any sense and takes away how special the game is.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  4. I really don’t agree with adding this in. For players, it might be fun at the beginning and the games would probably fill up pretty fast. However, you need to look at what happens with other limited-time games, too. For example, the limited-time Area 51 Raid game was a blast at first with games filling up extremely quickly. But at the end, games started taking longer to fill up. I feel the same thing would happen with Rose Rush: games filling up for a few weeks and then suddenly dying since we already have Sheep Quest, and it’s essentially the same thing at its core.

Additionally, no other limited-time games have ever been brought into full-time gamemodes. Think Christmas Chaos, Halloween Havoc, Halloween Horror, etc, these games are only ever brought onto the network during these special events, so I don’t agree with adding it in since it would take away a bit of that nostalgic factor of when the games are actually playable during certain times of the year.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  5. Hey there!

The game is specifically made to only come around the time of Valentine's day. Similar to other games that are available only for a limited amount of time, such as Christmas Chaos, if the game was made available all the time around the year, it wouldn't be special to Valentine's day and would feel out of place as the game is meant to be played during the time of valentines. I'll have to agree with what @jxcb also said, where if the game was available throughout the year, it would start to lose interest and wouldn't be as appealing to players as much as it used to because of how much they experienced playing this game. This would totally ruin the limited-time event as players in that circumstance wouldn't play this game unless we added incentives during the time of valentine's day. Having it as a limited-time event just like all the other limited-time events is more convenient and won't cause players to lose interest in the game quickly. For those reasons, I'll have to give the idea a -1

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  6. It’s definitely better as a holiday game, as it creates hype. Even as an event game we don’t play it too often, so I think it should just stay for Valentine’s Day. Maybe make it come out for a longer time so that you can play it more, but for a stand-alone game I’ll have to disagree. -1

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  7. Hey there!

As others have said, this gamemode is centered around Valentine's Day and therefore gets its hype through being played during that time of the year. People enjoy playing it because it is themed off something happening in real life, so it makes the game more interesting for them. After the holiday is over, people would start playing it less and less because there won't be any holiday hype around it; it would just become a normal gamemode that I believe wouldn't be played very often at all. For these reasons it's a -1 from me, though I commend you for suggesting! Have a good day :)

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  8. As everyone else said above me, this is a really fun game mode! But it's made for valentines day and it I believe it should stay that way as most people like to play the game because it's during the holiday season. After that holiday would end it just wouldn't make much sense to be playing it anymore because look at Halloween Havoc for example that game is fun but once Halloween ended it would make much sense for it to be played anymore and most people wouldn't play it anymore, which is the same reason Rose Rush should not be implemented as it own game. As all reasons stated above I'm going to give this a -1 Thank you though, and good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  9. Hello,

As stated above by everyone, the game is really fun but it's made for a holiday season. The reason it won't change is because people get excited for the holiday games and that's why people prefer it to be seasonal.

I'm going to give it as a -1 because it won't be implemented.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  10. I personally love this game but February is only 2 months away. We can wait

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  11. Hello, I personally don't think this game should be it's own game. It would just ruin the holiday valentines day it self. Rose Rush is technically a team based love/romantic competitive game (if that makes sense). You rush and fight other teams to get your rose back to your crush/love (which would be your teams sheep) And it keeps going till one teams has enough while the other teams didn't. So personally I don't think this would be a good idea to put this game as it's own and instead keep it as a holiday event game. It would just ruin the tradition of valentines month if it wasn't.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  12. Heyo!

I really don't think this game should be its own game. This game is centered around Valentines' Day and it would be sort of unfair if this game was kept and the other limited-time event game modes didn't get to stay. The lobbies probably wouldn't fill up as the hype would die down around it as its no longer Valentines' Day, and some players may get bored of the game.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  13. Yeah, rose rush is a really good game, and it was definitely popular when it came out. I just don't think it should be a stand-alone game. It's very unique to its event and it makes the hype worth it. Having it as a year-round game could kill that hype and make players lost interest quickly. I rather have it as a game someone could look forward to.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  14. I can see a clear trend in people responding to this thread, but I'm just going to be adding my two-cents over to this idea too so that I can tell you what I would think about making a holiday game more official and adding it into Mineplex for good.

Firstly, I just think it kills the fun of the game itself. The only reason unique and limited-time modes are fun is because they are limited time. If CC or HH were on all year they would be extremely boring and players would just go to other substitutes like Nano games or Cake Wars rather than playing those games if they didn't enjoy them as much at a point!

Secondly, I feel that these games would just grow on people. Rose Rush has similar map designs to Cake Wars and a very similar concept to Sheep Quest. While it is a great game on its own, I'm afraid I just couldn't agree with adding it to become its own full game for the entire year for these reasons!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  15. Hello,
    Let me start out by saying I personally love rose rush. I think it is a great game with a great concept an mechanics. When it was released, I played it for many hours and enjoyed it very much. Despite this, I simply do not think it would be beneficial to implement this as a full time game. The reality is that games on Mineplex don't always fill up, and a lot of games do not get the attention that its great content deserves. By reserving its holiday/special event games for limited times, players are concentrated in said games since they will go away soon. If these games were to be released for good, the hype surrounding it would dwindle after about a week, and it would become another game that rarely fills up. I think the best way to give these games the best use is to continue releasing them in their respective special events, in which they will be played by many. Thank you for suggesting this, but I do not think it would be wise for Mineplex to release event games full time. It is a -1 from me. Have a nice day!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  16. Hi there,

After a bit more discussion internally, it has been decided that we will not be brining back Rose Rush as a full-time game. There are many detailed replies above me going extremely in depth with this, but I'll just highlight some of the main reasons here:
    • The game is a seasonal game, and other seasonal games like Halloween Havoc/Horror and Christmas Chaos are not year-round either.
    • Keeping it a season game keeps the hype going for when it is introduced in February.
    • There are similar games already on the network, like Sheep Quest, and this would take players from that game.
    • Over time, the game would get dull and lose its player base, essentially making it a game that nobody plays.
    These are just a few of the reasons as to why we will not be bringing it back. There are a few more, but since they are smaller details, I'll be leaving them out. If you would like to discuss this further, please send me a PM. I'll be marking this as "Not Planned."

Posted Dec 15, 2019