• 1667 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8884 Players Online
  • 7217 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make Ranked MineStrike a thing?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by MrDragonBoi, Jan 17, 2021.

1. We could maybe add Ranked Minestrike as a thing, to revive the platform more, like with the upcoming Tourney, but this time its MineStrike. Of course we would have to have some requirements, like 300+ wins or something, at least a few kills and maybe at least half of the achievements?

Or, if we can't do that, maybe ban any unoffical clubs, which I found one and since I'm "bad", and "they don't want me" for no "specific" reason, I just want it gone. I found someone who has less wins then me, BUT they're allowed? I know they may be a higher level, but c'mon. Levels. Don't. Matter. Of course, I play on some other servers, but it also doesn't matter. They have no requirements, which is kinda fishy.

TL;DR: if we can't do the ranked minestrike, maybe ban it?

Posted Jan 17, 2021
  2. The only ranked game that Mineplex ever had was MCL (Mineplex Competitive League) back in 2016, but was removed that same year due to its unpopularity. (Unrelated, but I loved that game so much. I was sad to see it go) Since then, Mineplex hasn't really expressed publicly the idea of making a ranked game again. Even if they were, I highly doubt that Minestrike would be even considered a choice just because of how much the community has dwindled over time. It's hard to get more than one or maybe two games starting on the server as can be seen in the spoiler below.

[​IMG]

With the community being as small as it is currently, adding a ranked/elo gamemode would only further contribute to splitting up the playerbase of Minestrike, making it even more difficult (than it already is) to fill up lobbies and start the game.

As for your concern for the Minestrike group you mentioned, staff actually aren't able to technically disband these groups that play together since it's just like what any other "competitive" team would be like in any other gamemode. If you're concerned about the requirements, I recommend you take it up with the leaders of that group to see what you can improve on to get onto the team. If you don't want to do that, you could even go as far as to start your own group if you'd like.

Posted Jan 17, 2021
    Looof likes this.
  3. MineStrike became unpopular due to the lack of moderation and the increasing amount of x-ray hackers who could not be banned....people only stopped playing the game because they were frustrated over the fact that x-ray "is hard to be determined in minestrike and could just be soundboosting"

Posted Jan 17, 2021
    skarm likes this.