• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9824 Players Online
  • 6934 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make posts that repeat a post above count as post boosting and make Post Boosting a rule again

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by IAmRuptureReliant, Jul 11, 2020.

?

Good idea?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So lately, I've been seeing people post boosting on certain threads saying stuff like "As said above, you can [insert what was said above]." And it's really annoying as to how many post boosters/trainee tryhards do this and it makes the forums look awful honestly. So I think to allow space for more qualitative posts instead of ones that are repetitive and annoying, I think posts that repeat what someone said above should count as post boosting, as it's honestly just annoying, and the like button exists anyway to prevent people saying "As said above" posts. This however shouldn't count toward locking threads as a thread is being locked.

Also I may get called out to not say this as I was a post booster, but I honestly try my best not to post anymore and only limit my posts to 2 sections which is Champs and Website Feedback.

Posted Jul 11, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 11, 2020
    SomeRqndomName and Susie like this.
  2. I gotta vouch for this, is a cool idea

I think tbh the number has decreased over time especially with the start of in the help section "if someone's replied already, don't repeat, like the post" so that's helped, but maybe that could be enable forums-wide rather than just 1 section

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    IAmRuptureReliant likes this.
  3. Thread moved to Forum Discussion

We are not planning to re-introduce the Post Boosting rule. Currently, if a user excessively posts short, unhelpful messages to multiple forum threads within a small time frame it can be punishable under the spamming rule. As well as, if a user's posts are not contributing to the thread, they'll get deleted by the forums team as that violates the Forums Guidelines. You can read the website rules here. I'm going to be locking the thread as we have no intentions of re-introducing this rule, feel free to message me if you have any further questions!

Thread locked > Concern addressed

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.