• 987 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9917 Players Online
  • 8930 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Make /ping Actually Work

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Jet Starglaze, May 2, 2021.

1. I like the suggestion. If you do /ping, it should say Pong! [Insert Number] ms, a combination of "Pong!" and what the command is supposed to do.

Posted May 2, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  2. Your ping is the time it takes for a packet (sent from your computer), to travel to the server and back. Higher ping in Minecraft usually means a delay between your actions and when they register. So knockback is delayed, the movements of other players, menus taking a while, along with other things.

Posted May 2, 2021
    CatFan105, Jet Starglaze and yvuggu like this.
  3. I don't actually play Bedrock Mineplex myself, however, I have friends that actively do play it and, as there are very few clients on Bedrock and even fewer that show ping, I feel like this would be a great idea and absolutely worth implementing (I mentioned that my friends play on Bedrock so that it doesn't seem like I've never experienced it due to my low Mineplex Bedrock level).
    If this idea has been approved for Java, as someone has previously stated in one of their replies, it would make sense for it to be approved for Bedrock as well as it's probably more useful on it due to Java having a lot more options to actually check your ping than Bedrock does.
    I like the joke that the server makes when you type /ping in chat, and it's been a part of the server for years now, which would make me nostalgic if it was gone, however, I think OP's idea would overall improve the server's quality and make it more enjoyable.
    +1 from me, great idea.

Posted May 3, 2021