• 937 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9142 Players Online
  • 8205 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make pearls faster oml

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Orangey, Apr 10, 2021.

1. It's so hard to pearl clutch like wtf why are the pearls so slow compared to Hive?

Posted Apr 10, 2021
    Pogchamp 300000 and Kal34 like this.
  2. Projectiles move based on your momentum. That is the only response I have gathered from Discord where players have asked the same thing. It's intended it seems, and probably will not be changed in the near future.

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  3. Bruh

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 10, 2021
  4. It’s the lag

Posted Apr 10, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.
  5. projectile mechanics are hard to change so they likely wont be changed any time soon

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  6. I have found that pearls on Mineplex seem to move slower but that could be Mineplex's software, lag, or using the wrong vector to calculate the ender pearl trajectory. I mean I wouldn't go as far as to say that pearls are broken or that they are effecting game quality but maybe speeding them up would be nice. Especially for mobile players since it may take an extra few seconds to throw the pearl.

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  7. definately agree with you here especially since there are times I was falling and aiming straight down so momentum should be added to the throw yet when thrown you pass it almost immediately because it lags so bad or even if you run and jump throw it you can easily outrun or even walk faster than the pearls

Momentum doesn’t seem to help as wether you run/jump and throw or throw straight down while falling you will still fall right past the pearl or run/walk faster than it goes because it lags so bad

Posted Apr 10, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2021
  8. Pearls, in vanilla Minecraft, fall at a constant speed. Players' falling speeds accelerate. Therefore, only at the start, the player is above the pearl if the player throws the pearl straight down while falling, but after that, the player will overtake the pearl. This is because a player's falling speed at terminal velocity is faster than the pearl's constant speed.

But Mineplex pearls go at a slower than vanilla Minecraft speed, so no matter what, the pearl will fall slower than the player. It's not just the lag. I may be wrong here because I'm assuming that Mineplex pearls go at a constant speed which they might not, so correct me if I'm wrong, however my point still stands

summary: pearls don't(and aren't supposed to) fall faster than the player

Posted Apr 10, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 10, 2021
  9. yes in a long enough fall you would pass it but I’m talking a short fall and on mp you pass it immediately when you throw it

Posted Apr 10, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  10. Exactly I can't play a game of sky nor cake wars without an ender pearl going straight down after throwing it trying to pearl back to an island. I feel as if this needs to be fixed or else the pearls are just burdens when trying to save yourself, and the truth is they've cost me so many games because the pearl would be thrown all weak either landing too low, too high, or even arching too early and hitting the side of an island causing me to fall to my death.

Posted Apr 14, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.