• 550 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3428 Players Online
  • 2878 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make Nano Wizards a full game mode

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by n8wes, May 14, 2019.

?

Would you play?

1. I would play it

2. I don't care

3. I wouldn't play it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey all!

I don't know what the general consensus on nano wizards is, but I personally love it. I loved wizards before it got removed, but nano wizards is extremely fun to me. It's fast paced, and you get action the entire time without having to wait, unlike standard wizards.

Reason it should be a full gamemode:
    Well first of all, it doesn't have a texture pack, one of the things that was driving people away from wizards. Wizards died because while there was a dedicated community, the community wasn't big enough and there was no respawns. Nano wizards fixes that by turning it from a "Collect your weapons and then fight SG style" to a fast paced "fight non stop" game filled with action.

I think that it could be a pretty popular game if given a shot, and I hate waiting on an RNG based system that selects games to find it. Tell me what you think? Would you play it alone or does it belong as just a nano?

Much love,
    n8wes

Posted May 14, 2019
  2. Other than the fact that I don't believe any Nano Games are going to be made into a full gamemode, I don't think this would stand very well by itself. It's definitely not my favorite game in the Nano rotation, but it's very fast paced and fits in fairly well with the other games. Personally, I feel like it's too short to be it's own game, but I don't think increasing the time would help, as it may get repetitive since there are only really 3 different abilities you get. I know it can be annoying waiting for certain games to come up in Nano, but that's sort of the point as the games are fast paced.

Posted May 15, 2019
  3. First of all, as a hardcore fan of Wizards, I absolutely despise Nano Wizards, as does most of the Wizards Community. Although everyone is entitled to their opinions and I respect yours, I'm saying this upfront to you before I go into my opinion on the subject. Nano Wizards, in all sense, is an overpowered bomb lobbers game that resembles almost nothing to the original Wizards, and the frame rate and noise is horrific. I'd prefer if a major update was done to nano wizards if a singular game was discussed, but I'd be wholly against it otherwise.

Posted May 15, 2019
  4. Yeah I guess that makes sense but seeing as wizards probably isn't coming back outside of MPS I would be cool with it becoming a full gamemode.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  5. I personally don't think Nano Wizards has enough substance to become a stand-alone game. Regular Wizards has already been removed and Nano Wizards is too similar to other arcade games, such as OITQ.

Posted May 15, 2019
  6. It's been said in the past that none of the games within Nano Games are going to become solo games themselves. While it's not impossible for things to change, it seems unlikely. Additionally, I have to disagree with the idea to make Nano Wizards a full game just in general. As Vocaloidd said, a lot of players that used to play normal Wizards when it was live don't like the newer form of the game. Personally, I like the older version way more than the Nano version. I thought the original game had a lot more strategy required and less spamming of abilities. I think there could be changes made to the original Wizards that would make the game better as a full game on the server. I'd also rather see the older version revisited and issues with it fixed than production making a completely new form of it.

Posted May 15, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  7. Yeah I agree however I haven't heard much talk of wizards returning in the near future. I play wizards with some friends on my MPS sometimes, but not near a full size game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019