• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make it so you don't have to link accounts to post on threads, etc.

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by RealDiamondKitty08, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:36 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So IK it's done for the best intentions, but honestly, I create an alt account to post, not look around. So at least make it so more than one forum account can link to a Minecraft account. It's plain annoying. Don't give me the free crate, just allow my alt account to actually post.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 12:36 AM
  2. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

Well I'm not 100% sure on the main intent behind this but I'm sure it's to try and prevent people from making alts because people will just create a bunch of bot accounts to start spamming posts or create alt accounts just to break rules which really complicates things for our FM/FN's. So I actually agree with Mineplex's idea to link accounts. Also, why do you need an alt account to post? Just use your main account. :D

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 8:23 AM
  3. i know about this, but alts have uses. It's more fun for a person to see a video promotion done by a fictional character (like my evil clone) than by the guy trying to fight the evil clone. Imagine this: the youtube evil character is trying to get people to join his army. The good guy (who is fighting the army) all the sudden is recruiting people for the army they are trying to fight..? That doesn't make sense so...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:28 PM
  4. Jaekub

Jaekub

I agree with @BBoy2003 on this one. This is done to prevent people botting the forums and generally ruining it.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:36 PM
    pzazz and Jadguar like this.
  5. I'm aware... Read my other post.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:39 PM
  6. Jaekub

Jaekub

They do, and I get that. If you have an alt account, then you can link it to a different forums account and be able to post, similarly to owning both @Jaekub and @JaekubAgain.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:43 PM
  7. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

I honestly don’t get that one bit...

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 8:32 PM
    Sophie_OGrady and pzazz like this.
  8. I mean I have an alt forums account, not an alt Minecraft account too.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok, Imagine you run a youtube channel, and you have a fictional evil clone inside it. This evil clone is trying to get an army of real people by recruiting them on the forums. The good guy is trying to fight this army off. All of the sudden the good guy posts a recruitment thread for the bad guy, and helps him? It doesn't make much sense.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 11:29 PM
  9. Fall

Fall

Get another Minecraft account if you feel so strongly. Otherwise, you understand the reasons why so...

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 11:40 PM
  10. How would you even do that? Buy another computer? Besides, I doubt me and my family would want to go through the troubles of doing that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 11:49 PM
  11. coralines

coralines

What no, how do you think people cheating on alts do? They play on 500 computers? Heck no lmao

I used to be a forums staff back when Enjin was a thing, and one thing that used to happen a lot was spambots posting threads anywhere with either unnecessary posts, personal info about other players etc. This solution is 100% a better option than letting anyone post imo, just based on my personal experience. If you want to post, either buy a Java or Bedrock account (Bedrock accounts are free if you have windows 10 and you have one java account - well, one account is given to you for free as long as you claim it). Also, why needing more than one forum account?

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 1:15 AM
    Sophie_OGrady and ChrisPKStar like this.
  12. The exact scenario I explained to BBoy. I just want to be able to link more than one forum account to a minecraft account.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 5:35 PM
  13. Jaekub

Jaekub

I don't really see a need for that. If you want to do what you've explained, just grab a friend or get an alt.

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 6:54 PM
  14. Fall

Fall

https://my.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft/#register

All you need is a different email address and $27. You just log into a different account from the launcher to play on a different account

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 9:18 PM
  15. LOL, 27 Bucks more? Well, I got a Java under this name now too.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2019 at 1:06 AM
  16. ole

ole

if it's for the sake of forum posts I recommend inspect element, I'm sure there are simple YouTube tutorials on how u use that : )

Posted Apr 18, 2019 at 2:48 AM
    Jaekub, Sophie_OGrady and Fall like this.
  17. The intention behind this rule is so you don't have mass bot accounts using the forums. If you could use a bot to auto make accounts then have all the accounts spam a certain thread it would be really bad as you can't remove mass posts by IP meaning every post would have to removed by hand or the thread deleted.

Posted Apr 18, 2019 at 9:13 PM
  18. Well I just want to have the ability to link 2-3 different accounts to one MC

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2019 at 11:40 PM
  19. Sophie_OGrady

Sophie_OGrady

Why do you need to link 2-3 accounts to one Minecraft account?

From my perspective, there's no reason someone needs to link multiple forum accounts to one Minecraft account as you don't need multiple forum accounts. One forum account does everything you need, and creating more just creates confusion as to which account is actually the one the person uses. By having one per user it ensures all their forum activity can easily be looked at/tracked and just avoids any spam/confusion caused by having multiple. I really like that it's one account per player actually, and I just don't see any benefit to changing that.

If you are requesting this because of your youtube vid, unfortunately, your want of making a Youtube video isn't a legitimate reason to change a good feature of the forums. Like @ole said above, use inspect element to create posts for your video.

Posted Apr 19, 2019 at 12:21 AM
    Jaekub, ole and pzazz like this.
  20. One account does not do everything for a youtuber like me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2019 at 12:41 AM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.