• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion make it so u don't have to change ur message before u resend after u get that you must leave spawn b

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ole, Mar 10, 2019.

1. ole

ole

make it so u don't have to change ur message before u resend after u get that you must leave spawn before u can chat

Posted Mar 10, 2019
    avae and Fall like this.
  2. Augend

Augend

I can see why you would want this added but it's a very minuscule thing so I don't see it as necessary. There are easy solutions which is why I don't see it necessary to add and they are pressing "w" or whatever your forward key is to get rid of the "leave spawn" message or send a random key as a message and then press the up arrow to go through your past messages.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  3. ole

ole

sure aint a pluscule thing chief but it'd take away 99% of my daily agression outbursts :weary:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 5:23 PM
  4. Snowwii

Snowwii

What was the point of creating the "you must leave spawn before you can chat" feature

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM
  5. pzazz

pzazz

Bots would auto join every lobby and immediately spam chat messages. This was a feature added to deter many of the bots, however it hasn't really stood the test of time.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 8:03 PM
    Snowwii likes this.
  6. neropatti

neropatti

Of course measures like this will be bypassed. It's still another hindurance to the people who want to build/use spambots.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 8:36 PM
  7. Snowwii

Snowwii

oh thanks.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 8:45 PM
  8. xLeopard

xLeopard

Sure, but if I'm half way in the void because a guardian has come up to me while I'm typing and I try and send my message right as I get teleported back to spawn, then I don't even have time to press w. Sure, typing a dot and then sending the message is fine, but if there's a chat slow on because say I'm in Lobby-1 then that's an extra few seconds I have to wait. None of the things I've listed are uncommon either.

This seems like a really simple QOL change that shouldn't be hard to add and would make things mildly less annoying.

Also, this user isn't suggesting that the protected chat message area be removed, simply that if you send a message in that area and then move off it you shouldn't have to type another message. Bots joining and auto spamming messages has nothing to do with it.

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 8:28 AM,
    Last edited Mar 15, 2019 at 11:55 AM
    ole likes this.
  9. Sven

Sven

I agree with @Augend that this is a very miniscule change that I don't see getting changed anytime soon. I also have never seen anyone else suggest this as a change. The reality is people can easily just move from spawn type the same message and add a period at the end and the message will go through. As users have mentioned, it would be a rather simple QOL change but the question I would pose is whether this is worth Developer's time to change? +/- 0

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 8:45 AM
  10. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

I mean it could be gotten rid of now, with the introduction of default friend-only DMs.

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 11:46 AM
  11. ole

ole

dms were never affected by this chief

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 3:31 PM
  12. Sickle_ // SickleMode

Sickle_ // SickleMode

Hello,
    I think this would be a nice Quality of Life change. Although I have not experienced this issue that much, I can see why some might desire it to be fixed. Of course, this is a very minor change that should not be a priority, but I would not be opposed to seeing it thrown into the next update. Thanks for the idea!

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 3:35 PM