• 2221 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12245 Players Online
  • 10024 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Make it so ppl can't play bridges with new versions

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by xdxdLTS, Mar 2, 2020.

1. ppl legit make water bases while playing on 1.15 so they can go faster than everyone in water and that is big unfair advantage i think that should be bannable or just make it so they cant join w those versions not hard

Posted Mar 2, 2020
  2. Hey,

Given the explanation you have given I can see why this would be problematic. I feel the best resolution would be to make it so the glitch cannot be abused. However, making it a punishable offence could also work, but I do not feel that making it so people cannot join the server is the best option.

Thread Moved

Posted Mar 2, 2020
  3. There's most likely a way to fix this on the server side without preventing newer clients from playing. One solution I can think of is preventing horizontal movement above a certain threshold when the player is touching water. It's up to the devs to implement it though, maybe a fix will be released in the near future.

Posted Mar 2, 2020
    Worpp likes this.
  4. I don't think they would do that at all. Lots of players play the most recent version believe or not. Removing the ability to play on newer versions would be a hard hit on the playerbase.

Other than that, the other replies have outlined potential solutions that would work a lot better in the long run IMO.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  5. Hey,
    I feel like banning people from playing a game on certain versions is not the best solution, even though I can completely see where you're coming from.
    My idea would be to just fix the 'glitch' so everyone can swim the same speed no matter what version they're on, like Lionatthezoo said above, I'm sure the developers would be able to do something like that.
    Thank you for bringing this up, it really needs to be heard and needs attention.

Posted Mar 29, 2020