• 407 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3679 Players Online
  • 3272 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Make it harder to hide in shops on Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by IWantACookiieee, Jan 8, 2021.

?

Should shops be harder to hide on?

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some people like to hide inside shops to buy stuff or make it harder for their enemies to kill them. So my suggestion is to either make it so you can't walk in shops or make it so shops can damage you if you're standing on it

Posted Jan 8, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 8, 2021
    yvuggu, ReJo, CloudyDay1234 and 2 others like this.
  2. this has been featured in java as you cant walk inside the entities. I think your idea is for bedrock edition since. This is already added in java. I do think this idea should be added.

+1

Posted Jan 8, 2021
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
  3. Hello! I know this has been talked about before, but I'm not sure where or how long ago. I do agree with this idea, because especially with the small skins not only does it make the players hard to seem but if they position themselves just right you can also have a way harder time finding them. As we also don't have a player compass while you are alive in Cake Wars, I think this addition to the game would be really beneficial to the playstyle. I know maybe times I've accidently clicked on the shops instead of hitting a player and it's gotten me killed a lot.

Overall, +1! Thanks for the idea.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
    Fusafez and IWantACookiieee like this.
  4. I really like this idea, as it is does make it harder for the attacking player to fight if the other player is hiding inside the shop. I believe this issue was easily resolved on Java edition by adding barrier blocks where the NPCs stand, so you can't stand inside of the NPC. I would assume something similar could be done on Bedrock, so I completely agree that something should be done about this.

Overall, I completely agree with this idea and hope this is implemented in the game,

Posted Jan 10, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 11, 2021
    Fusafez and IWantACookiieee like this.
  5. Completely agree with this idea, and as Josh already said above, this could be resolved by placing barrier blocks around the NPC’s. The only way I would see people getting in is if they ender pearled through the barrier which isn’t really a big deal. I’ve noticed on other servers they have protective shields that prevent players from walking inside the NPC so I’m sure that could work out as well.

Posted Jan 10, 2021
  6. Definitely agree with you here. I don't rally tend to play Cakewars a lot, but I sometimes okay it with friends and I've found this issue quite annoying when it comes to people hiding in the Cakewars Shop, not really allowing you to hit the opponent, but making you open the shop constantly when trying to hit them. Overall I definitely agree with your idea and how it could be a small easy change to Cakewars.

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    Ryan9116 and IWantACookiieee like this.
  7. Fantastic idea! I have always had trouble, say, when one camps in an NPC in Cake Wars because it is almost impossible to hit them if they are positioned correctly except with a bow. I think that this would benefit Cake Wars and will be a great, simple update. +1 from me!

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    Ryan9116 and IWantACookiieee like this.
  8. when i see someone hiding in a npc i usually shoot them with my bow, but a lot of people don't have archer kit, so +1

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  9. Agreed. I use archer most of the time (I only use Warrior if I'm on a streak of not being on the same team as my boyfriend, who I play with a lot) and that makes it easier to deal with them. You can just buy a bow and use it, but it is a lot easier to just stop people from doing it altogether. +1

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    IWantACookiieee and Fusafez like this.
  10. Fun Fact: The people who voted no like to hide in shops

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  11. Hello there!

As for your idea I guess I will have to agree with it, there's a several amount of players who hides behind the NPC in order to get advantage of not getting hit and it's kind of frustrating, I'm not going to lie to myself but I do it sometimes since it's just how I do it, anyways this feature is live at the Java server so I don't see any problems adding it to the Bedrock server either, also I don't like the idea of a player getting damaged while hiding since it's just not that great I would just go with your idea on probably adding some invisible blocks where it blocks the NPC or just have feature where players can't hide on them.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  12. Hey there!
    I think this would be a great addition to cakewars, since hiding in NPCs is a major problem. As other players said, you can shoot them with a bow. However, what I have found to be most effective is if you go into the NPC as well, you will always hit them, not matter what. You can hit them once or twice to get them out in the open again, and then continue with normal PvP. As this is only an interim solution, I would also like to see this idea accepted and implemented in the next update.
    -Bob

Posted Jan 12, 2021
  13. Hey!
    I've seen this issue mentioned quite a bit! Fortunately in the recent GI Cakewars Update Proposal it has been suggested that barriers be added to shops to prevent players from hiding in them! Since this has been added to the proposal, I'll be marking this thread as Processed, thank you for the idea!

Thread Locked -> Processed by GI

Posted Apr 12, 2021
    chickenboi likes this.
  14. I don't think the thread locked, get a moderator to lock it o.o

Posted Apr 12, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.