• 369 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5590 Players Online
  • 5221 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Make Gwen invisible

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by MasterKyle08, Apr 11, 2021.

?

Does Gwen distract you when it teleports around you?

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Meh

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It is annoying when you are fighting people and having Gwen teleport around you which makes me temporarily focus it and not the actual player I am fighting. If something can be done to make it less visible or something that would be great.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  2. People have asked this before and it was denied for reasons like you need to know that you’re doing something suspicious or other reasons that I don’t remember

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  3. Hey,
    To start off GWEN becomes visible when it thinks you are cheating, this gives you time, if you are not cheating to slow down and stop attacking. It is an early warning before further actions are taken. Now I imagine that this could be distracting or startling but as long as you don't hit the Anti-Cheat, remain calm and don't panic you should be fine.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  4. I've never encountered this issue, based on what has been said in previous replies it doesn't seem to be a regular occurence for most players.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  5. Hey,

GWEN shows the NPC whenever you start going into combat with another player. The reason it's visible is to detect hacks such as KillAura. If it were to be invisible, it could allow some clients to bypass this method that GWEN has. As long as you do not hit the NPC above you, nothing will happen. I understand it's annoying sometimes but that's how it, unfortunately, has to be at this time. Additionally, the NPC is already translucent (which basically means it is already half-invisible) to help this issue.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  6. Hello!

As for right now, we will make that idea was Not Planned due to the fact, it most likely will require doing deep changes into how our anti-cheat works to keep that working correctly after removing it. The semi-visible entity which is usually behind you is one of the important components of Gwen and without that, Gwen will be functioning incorrectly which isn't good to have.

Additionally, as was mentioned above, something like that was already suggested multiple times in the past and always was denied. There is no big deal in having that entity and even if it would be ever possible to remove/remake that without having a big problem with its functioning, it is not really necessary to do.

Anyway, thanks for submitting your idea!

~ Idea is Not Planned.

Posted May 4, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.