• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7227 Players Online
  • 4337 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Make Daily Reward claimable at any time of the day

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by S1KH, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone!

This is something that I started pondering after noticing that even though I logged in every day for the last couple of days, my streak for the daily rewards had reset all of a sudden. I thought I might have missed a day, but thinking back to it and discussing it with a friend it also happened to, I realized I simply failed to login at the timeframe I was expected to for me to claim the reward, thus resetting my streak. I could be wrong about this assumption, so I apologize if I am, the suggestion is based off of it. Though this isn't a huge inconvenience, I think changing the daily reward to be claimable anytime of the day instead of the current system it is at now (which I believe is setting a timer based on when you claimed it the previous day?) would be a nice QoL change that would perhaps incentivize more people to pursue the daily reward, and avoid misfortuntes like mine where I sometimes cannot login at that exact time to claim the reward. I also don't want to make the daily reward a task, I come to the server myself to enjoy it and claim the reward out of habit, and I'm sure for others it could simply be a nice change that motivates them to use it more if they can claim it anytime during the day.

Just an idea, any feedback is appreciated! I don't mind if it isn't implemented, just wished to suggest it. Thanks for reading.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  2. I'm assuming you mean that you'd like the daily reward to reset at midnight each night, instead of 24 hours after you had last claimed it? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'll give my opinion based off my assumption and say that it might not really work out due to different timezones. Which midnight would we choose to have the reward reset at? And if we could set it up so that it changes at midnight for player depending on their timezone, players might wait until 11:59pm to hop on, collect one daily bonus, then another one a minute later. Daily bonuses are meant to incentivize players to hop on each day, and this would defeat the purpose.

If you're having problems with your daily reward reseting before 24 hours after you last collected it, I'd suggest maybe submitting a bug report over at https://www.mineplex.com/bugs/ , because I've never had this problem. I only get on at night, almost the exact same time every night; around 12 - 1 am. I'm usually always able to collect my daily bonus, and it's around 23/24 hours after I had last collected it.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    ISleptOnMyKeyboard and Paladise like this.
  3. I believe once you claim a daily reward, your streak will reset in around 1.3 days (or 31 hours) from that point (I claimed my daily reward around an hour ago, and upon checking in-game, my streak would reset in 1.3 days and my daily reward would become claimable again in 18.7 hours, if you're wondering where I'm getting that info. I also had a friend claim their daily reward and tell me how long they had to wait until their streak reset, which was 1.3 days and they had to wait 20 hours until they could claim it again). The daily reward becomes claimable again after 20 hours, giving you a 11 hour window to claim your daily reward before it resets. I think this is more than enough time for most people to be able to log into the server to claim it, so I'm not sure if I agree with changing the times at which it becomes claimable. Making it reset at midnight could cause people to claim daily bonuses in quick succession and would slightly defeat the purpose of daily rewards, like @Emiliee mentioned. Overall, I can see why people would want to have the daily reward claimable at any time of the day, but I don't think it would be a good addition because of my previous points, and also the fact that the window of opportunity to claim your daily reward before it resets is also pretty lenient as is.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  4. After more consideration, I realize it isn't such a great idea, haha. I definitely did interpret it wrong as well, I believe the system is fine as is. If more feedback on the matter wants to be given, it can, otherwise, the thread can be locked :)

@Emiliee @Dallarth thank you for the clarifications!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Emiliee and Dallarth like this.
  5. Hey,
    This thread will be locked.
    My reason for locking this thread is because changing the time players can collect their daily rewards will defeat the purpose of "daily rewards." With that said, this will be marked as Not Planned. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Aug 13, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.