• 125 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2860 Players Online
  • 2735 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Make Custom Weapon Name More Customizable.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by anonymous123, Dec 6, 2020.

1. I believe I was the first to buy the custom weapon name and I have to say I am very disappointed and so I am requesting a change.

For 80 thousand immortal points, I thought it would be more customizable. I thought maybe you'd be able to change the color of the text (or each separate letter, like the Gingerbread diamond sword name from last year), make it bold, or even put those weird changing letters next to it (like the Excalibur diamond sword name). But no, it's just yellow and italicized. That's it.

Anyone would call this a rip off. The second most expensive thing in the immortal shop for a yellow italic sword name, You get Excalibur and Rainbow Road for free with immortal and they will still look way better no matter what word you put for the custom one. And of all colors...yellow? The same yellow that all immortals got and complained about so much that you had to make that customizable too??

I would love to see some change to that one! 80 thousand points is a lot of waiting, and I think for such a price should have some more to it.

If, for some reason, you refuse to add anything, I would like request a refund for my 80k points instead...

Edit: if anyone is still reading this for some reason, I can atleast change the color and I guess I'm satisfied enough with that.

Posted Dec 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 24, 2021
    Fusafez, Paladise and Sven like this.
  2. Yeah, would have to agree. If you save up the points after 5 or 6 months through continuous subscription, the feature should reflect the monetary cost associated with unlocking the perk. I haven't had much experience with the sword name feature but I have been saving up for it. If it truly is just a yellow italic sword name, it does seem a bit underwhelming. Changing colours, symbols, etc, will bring great value to the perk and have it be something people may save up for.

So tldr: yes absolutely agree that it should be improved on in order to increase the value based on its price. If nothing does change, I hope that the price is decreased for this feature to reflect its current value.

Posted Dec 6, 2020
    illum and anonymous123 like this.
  3. Hey!
    I definitely think you have a point with suggesting the ability to be able to at least change the colour of the sword name. I'd understand the desire to avoid the changing symbols (&k) due to confusion, but imo at least choosing the solid colour of the sword wouldn't be bad

Posted Dec 6, 2020
    anonymous123 likes this.
  4. Yah, from my experience its just that. yellow and italic. Idk how sr mod things work but since ur a mod maybe you can recommend this to someone who can do something about it?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2020
    Sven likes this.
  5. Yeah, unfortunately I am not responsible for taking feedback but I'll tag a few ideas team and community management feedback members so that they may take your feedback and elevate it through the right channels.

@Nolawn @landay @Sickle @Bunni

Posted Dec 6, 2020
    anonymous123 likes this.
  6. Thank you so much! Highly appreciated! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2020
    Sven likes this.
  7. Oh absolutely, yeah. Hopefully this was just the basic implementation of it and that there are plans to buff it now that people are getting enough points to unlock it. It's always looked like a cool feature to me so it would be a shame if this is all it is, would definitely need to cost less.

Posted Dec 6, 2020
    anonymous123 likes this.
  8. Hello!

Currently, for Custom Weapon Name Immortal Shop item you are already able to select any colour for the name by adding &<color code> before the name in anvil UI which will make that this whole weapon name will have that selected colour. You are limited to use only one colour which was done on purpose to not make chat look even more wacky with a lot of colours.

I'll be against to allow use multiple colours for custom name due to reason which I mentioned in my last sentence, and it's better to leave that as well as special formatting only for special weapon names like Gingerbread name which you can get from special events to make them exclusive enough. If you will be able to use special formatting & several colours, you will be able just copy the name of the weapon name like from Gingerbread which will make that lose all exclusivity which isn't good.

I'm going to mark that thread as Implemented for now because your main point of that idea is already available on the network for people who own that custom weapon name perk. Thanks for submitting it anyway.

- Idea has been already Implemented.

Posted Dec 22, 2020
    anonymous123 and Im_Ken like this.