• 1586 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14307 Players Online
  • 12721 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make CPS over 25 for a repeated amount of time instaban.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by monskey, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Drag clicking isn't really that big of a skill at all unless you don't have the right mouse. it's just a matter of having specific gear; ie a double clicking mouse like a model o with grip tape; and then dragging your finger across the mouse button. obviously there is more to it, but clearly it is an unfair advantage. i'm not saying that people can't use this type of thing, but clearly having a cps cap (like another server does) gives a much more balanced gameplay experience without having to try and justify that a player can't use a certain mouse (which is ridiculous). i don't like the idea of a cps cap since it is limiting, but it is the right thing to do because of how unfair drag clicking is compared to the average user. you can legitamately get upwards of 30-40 cps just by paying for the right equipment. i would show you a video on how it works but i cant send links

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  2. I'm asking if double clicking is something achieved with a normal mouse that hasn't been tampered with, and if applying tape and clicking that way affects the way you might be treated by staff for hitting such CPS levels. @mab8400 notes in the most recent post that drag clicking is unfair - just as you might see HCF/hardcore servers ban for butterfly clicking. I'm asking if servers will allow tampering with a mouse if that's your method of hitting such a high clickrate.

I'd probably also agree with mab in this case that a cap is a fair choice; it's highly unusual for someone to click that fast, let alone with legitimate methods. Chances are they're using some sort of software, and it'd be safer to punish them or ask them to click slower - a "do it at your own risk" sort of deal.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  3. I can confirm this. I recently bought razer grip tape and the model O mouse with no prior knowledge of the drag clicking technique. On day two, I decided to look up some tutorials of how to legitimately do it, and I went from not being able to dragclick to 15 CPS. The next day, I practiced more and got to 21 CPS consistently. The amount of CPS I'm getting is going up everyday, and I think it is unfair that CPS like 25 going to be capped if a noob like me can do it

NOTE: This is for right click

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  4. Skill and practice can make a suttle improvement, but the thing is that people are literally built different.

Their hand reflexes designed to be superior to that of others. An innate biological advantage.

So what would a normal person do? Sit there and get insta comboed every time? Accept the opponent as unbeatable? Give up?

what are they supposed to do?

These questions are sure to arise in every casual players mind. The “pro” players with their 25cps and ridiculous reflexes really don’t know the half of it.

Their hand-me-down gifts aggravate casual players probably more than anything else in this game.

Posted Nov 27, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 27, 2020
  5. I don't understand the argument here. Punishing people because they can click faster than others is not what we're going to be doing if they're legitimate. Being "built different" is not something we're going to punish someone for. It's not someone's fault that they can click faster than someone else at the end of the day if they're doing so legitimately.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  6. It isn’t about the matter of punishment. It’s annoying as hell that people can click 25, but they didn’t do anything wrong.

It’s about the matter of closing the cps gap. Say if a cps ceiling of 16 was added, the “pros” would be able to click at a reasonably fast pace without getting carpal tunnel, and normal players would be able to “keep up” with the pros with their 10-12 cps.

I don’t see any matter of punishment or disadvantage in this scenario.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  7. any mouse double clicks. i get 20 cps consistently with my model o and i can get around 16-18 with an office mouse. it’s just practice to find the way it double clicks like that.

Posted Nov 27, 2020