• 2171 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14625 Players Online
  • 12454 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make Balloon Preferences Save in Lobbies!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by maevestarbaby, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Title.

I don't know about you guys but I think balloons are one of my favourite cosmetics on this server. They're unique and super cute and well-made.

I also don't know about you guys but I completely forgot they existed. Nobody if anyone really uses them anymore. I just discovered them in the cosmetic menu again and put them on. It's disappointing to see they don't save.

I think they add liveliness to the lobbies and they don't take up that much space. If everybody had three balloons equipped in the lobby I'm not sure how much lag that could cause, but if it's more than leadership likes then a max of only one balloon could be put in. Even with the preferences saved I'm sure not everybody would have them equipped anyways, but I know I can't be the only one that really likes them.

Just like with morphs, I don't see why it doesn't save - I suggest this changes

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  2. I didn't know balloons don't remain equipped like some other cosmetics, and I agree that it would be a good way to popularizing this particular cosmetic. Kind of like costumes, balloons are a part of your appearance, so having them enabled until they are unequipped makes sense.

It is possible that it has been done due to lag reduction, though.

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  3. yup, hence I added the line that if that would cause too much lag it could always be reduced to 1 max instead of 3 like it is now. Plus, this would only be in lobbies so it wouldn't affect games.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 22, 2020
  4. I like this idea. If other cosmetics are automatically enabled whenever joining lobbies, I don't see why balloons shouldn't be.
    This might also help boost awareness of our balloon cosmetics.
    I don't have much feedback to give as this is a pretty self-explanatory thread. +1!

Posted Nov 23, 2020