• 1778 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14318 Players Online
  • 12540 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Make an Among Us limited time game

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by AgingPeak, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Yo,

So lately many people have started playing Among Us. It's really a trend now and I thought maybe you can make a sort of remake of Among Us on mineplex java. With a few tweaks you can make a game based on Among Us with maybe a little twist to the original game. I want to hear from as much as possible people on this idea

Happy New Year and have a good day

Posted Dec 31, 2020
    Krxo likes this.
  2. Thread Moved to `New Game Discussion`

Hey there @AgingPeak!

Honestly, this would definitely be a really fun addition to the server! I do think that this would draw a lot of players to the game! I do think that if this were to be implemented, there should be a special Mineplex twist on the game to make it unique and not just a direct copy of the game!

Hope to see other people's ideas!

Posted Dec 31, 2020
  3. considering no other server has this feature I agree.
    Among us has become heavily populated over the past few months and adding an Among Us based game would possibly increase the average player count. Plus i'd like to see how it'd work out within minecraft
    +1

Posted Dec 31, 2020
    AgingPeak likes this.
  4. If we are talking about a Murder mystery game, that would be great. Yet, I don't believe that it should solely be based on Among Us, seeing as it is a trend. Mineplex could very well do their own version, but I don't think it to be advisable to do this unless it has it's own twist.

Posted Dec 31, 2020
    AgingPeak likes this.
  5. Yeah, that'd be awesome! I'd love to see something like Among Us. You guys should totally try to add something similar to Among Us to Mineplex.

Posted Dec 31, 2020
    AgingPeak likes this.

6. Yeah, I'd like something like a unique twist that Mineplex can come up with to make it not like an exact copy of Among Us

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 31, 2020
    Jango_55 likes this.
  7. I think a Mineplex version of among us could be really fun, if implemented well. Definitely think that some unique Mineplex twists would make it a lot of fun.

Posted Jan 1, 2021
  8. Heyo!

Personally, I think this is a terrific idea. As a colossal server, I think this would bring a lot of individuals' attention towards this game. The twists which you suggested above is a great suggestion as well. perhaps adding a different themed arena or space ship to play in. Great Idea!

-Justin/Ghost

Posted Jan 1, 2021
  9. As said above, with the correct implications and designs I think Mineplex could really pull something of with this. Let's hope they jump on this idea!

Posted Jan 1, 2021
  10. Among Us has already lost a significant amount of hype and player base, the dev team would have to crank out a whole new game in the time between now and when Innersloth releases the Airship update (said to release early 2021) to have any significant benefit off of the hype of the game

Posted Jan 1, 2021
    Jango_55, Im_Ken and xUmbreon like this.
  11. This could be really interesting to see come to mineplex and would bring in a lot of new players it would definitely be something I would like,
    May take a while development wise but a very nice idea :)

Posted Jan 1, 2021
  12. I could see me playing this with a bunch of friends. I would like to see this come out and possibly add more maps then the original Among Us just to keep the hype going perhaps. Would be really fun and interesting.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  13. While I can see the appeal and have commented on a few threads like this before proposing methods on how to implement this in a way that can remain relevant and be able to stand with advertisement opportunities even after the among us game has lost it's hype. I love the idea but logically it might not work and would need to be done quickly, which may mean poor quality which will deter people from playing.

There is a lot of work that goes into making a functional game that is playable, enjoyable and in general, worthwhile. It does not take a snap and if we're talking about a completely new game mode, it would take much longer than a NANO game.

The problem with trends is that trends die out after time as people get bored with it. By the time this game is completed and ready for the public, there are zero guarantees that this game will even be relevant at that point. If it's not relevant, it'll be harder to market and drag players in which is the point of making new games. There is demand now but what are the chances it'll still be there? It's so unpredictable which is what makes implementing games like these a bit tricky. It's unreliable and we don't know how long this would last. We also don't want to spread and existing community thinner by implementing games only current players will join which will leave some other games empty/unplayable due to lower player counts as they're divided into another game.

The main way I can this being implemented successfully is through using a popular Minecraft game which has been steady due to the basic premise while including similarities (or a lot of them) from among us. If among us is still relevant when/if the game is done, it can be advertised as "inspired by among us" and if not it can be advertised as an already playable game enjoyed on multiple platforms, not even just other Minecraft servers.

The game I have in mind is murder, the detective, murder and the rest are innocents. The detective has to kill the murder and innocents have to help find out who the murder is. I don't think meetings would be as beneficial through Minecraft. I've personally played a Minecraft version of among us and honestly, it was very difficult to converse the way you do in among us.

Instead of innocents having zero roles, they can have tasks which I think the original murder should have made anyway since the game can be boring if you're just wandering around the entire time. Murders can do lights off sabotages and close doors and anything to block or obscure innocents during rounds to help pluck people off easier. And the detective must communicate with everyone throughout the round trying to figure out who the murder is. The actual killing the murder can be done by anyone but you need to communicate throughout the rounds to figure out what's going on. Depending on the lobby sizes, there could be 1-3 murders.

This way you have an advertisement that promotes a game which has a basic premise that is enjoyable and resembles the sort of hype Cakewars has (otherwise known as bedwars/eggwars and more). They attract people in different ways and Cakewars would have more hype than murder, but this way you aren't confined to an unpredictable fad which would disappear at any given moment. If it's still current when it comes out, you could easily say it's inspired by among us and that opens up an even bigger promotional opportunity.

When implementing games it needs to be considered how it can be advertised and if it will bring people in. With a trend, it may only bring in people for so long and there's no guarantee it'll be out before it dies. Right now I'd imagine a game like this would do wonders, but what about in a month from now? There is not a certainty with something like this.

I love the idea and I do enjoy the renditions created, but I'd like to see something like this last. Developing a temporary game that has no potential return may be a waste of resources if the game dies before it can even be developed. Unlike a Christmas or Halloween game, it can't return or be tweaked for improvements in the future for a re-release, or act as a base for something new.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
    Cwossaint, Amg_ and affinity0 like this.
  14. Wow you really poured out your thoughts huh

Posted Jan 12, 2021
  15. In my opinion, yes. It would be a good addition, but for the developers of Mineplex a timeconsuming thing to do if it's gonna be ''limited''.

+1

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  16. it would be nice for an among us-themed game with a new twist, it would boost player count in my opinion

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  17. I hope if they actually add it it wouldn't be limited time, limited time games kinda suck imo

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  18. Heyo!

This idea is a great one and if mineplex is able to provide a new game that sweeps the competition, then not only will our server's player count go up but it will also lead to a lot more interest in other games on mineplex.

Going along with what Jylie said, making a game from scratch is going to take a LOT of new development, and a LOT of testing from subteams to ensure smooth gameplay and a satisfying outcome. By the time it comes to the game being released, the game will probably be 'dead' or simpler terms, 'not played as much as it used to be'.

Right now mineplex just needs that original great game that gets them back on top, there are a lot of factors with this among us idea and I like it!

+.5

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 1:13 AM
  19. nah dont do this because it would get boring and probably drag a whole lot of players away from other mini-games and mess up the server harmony

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 8:10 AM
  20. I feel like the hype about the Among Us game has faded away a little bit at this point.
    I don't think many people play the game anymore, and it's not as popular as it was 30+ days ago.
    Having said that, it does seem like a fun addition to the server and an enjoyable game to play for a while.
    If the developers and the leadership team decide that this game would be worth creating, I would definitely be down to give it a try and play it despite the hype about Among Us not being as present at this time.
    Perhaps I am wrong about it not being played as much anymore, but that's my personal observation coming from the friend groups that I am a part of.
    If Mineplex can figure out how to make an interesting game-mode with this kind of theme though, I feel like it would be a great addition nevertheless.
    +0.75 from me due to the fact that I like the game idea and objectives, and not a +1 because, as I have previously stated, I personally noticed that people do not play Among Us as much anymore so I'm not sure if the game which you are talking about would feel outdated at this point.

Have a great day/night!
    - Petar

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 10:50 AM