• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5150 Players Online
  • 2260 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Make a /report system

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by ConquerorOfG, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. People need an easier way to report hackers, please add this.

Posted Jul 22, 2020
  2. I agree that a /report should most definitely be added to Bedrock. It’s a very efficient way of reporting hackers on Java, and I don’t see why it shouldn’t be added to Bedrock. It’s faster then going to the website and creating a report, and a lot of people on Bedrock don’t even know that you can report on the website. The only really issue I can see here is that there may not be enough Bedrock Staff for it. There’s only about 19 or so Bedrock Staff, which isn’t really a lot, and it could take a while for reports to get answered to. I think that the command should maybe start out for Lord/Lady+ or Duke/Duchess, and then if all is going well, gradually be made for everyone.

Posted Jul 22, 2020
    Glummes and Nectarqenni like this.
  3. This is a great alteration to the OP’s idea. The limited number of staff would have too many reports to handle all at once, so using the built-in rank system would lessen the load.

Posted Jul 22, 2020
  4. Plz. Plz add this

Posted Jul 22, 2020
  5. I really like this idea, and think it would make a perfect addition to bedrock. As a Java staff member, /report has definitely made it much easier for both staff and players to deal with rule-breakers.

Also, similar to what LT Tombstone said, I believe it should be released on a trial basis, so the reports aren't spammed before the staff team knows they can deal with the volume of reports. Maybe first only giving it to Lord/Lady+, then Knight+, then possibly the entire server, if the report volume isn't too much for the staff team to deal with.

Overall though, I love the idea, and think it would be a great addition to the bedrock server!

Posted Jul 24, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  6. It's been suggested and suggested, and there are pros and cons to creating it. It is going to take development time to create a good quality reporting system. However, Bedrock simply does not have the number of moderators needed to handle all of those incoming report. Instead, I think that focusing on the anti-cheat for bedrock to detect item spawning/flying would be much more beneficial since it would be network wide and not forcing moderators to be on to handle reports.

Posted Jul 24, 2020
  7. I have about 1 in 10 games ruined in cake wars by hackers, /report would be a great feature but more so the game should just detect when someone places a command block to cover there cake or buys stuff using gems or neither stars and no beacons have been collected yet.

Posted Jul 24, 2020
  8. I feel like a /report command would really help eliminate hackers on the Bedrock Server. It would also help reduce griefed game lobbies since players could report the hacker griefing the lobby before it gets to bad. Also, since the Bedrock Server does not have to good of an anti cheat it would help having this command to reduce hackers. I agree with @LT Tombstone 77 that the /report command should only be available to Ranked players to help reduce the amount of reports being submitted to online staff members. However, I feel like the command should be available to Knight+ instead of Lord+. I would definitely give +1 to this idea.
    ~Degagelemming95

Posted Jul 24, 2020
  9. Yeah... I had a similar issue. In a bedwars game, green somehow managed to get obsidian at the very beginning of the game, and the game didn't detect it.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  10. I think this would be a great idea! I find hackers almost every game now ngl.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  11. Hey!
    I think adding some kind of reporting system to the Bedrock platform would be super beneficial for our players and staff.
    I'm more of a Java player and have seen that the command /report has been extremely helpful and easy for our players. It definitely isn't the most efficient way but it works pretty well I'd say.
    I think adding something like this into the Bedrock platform could really make it so much easier for players who need to report incidents.
    I have seen this idea suggested quite a few times now though, and there definitely are some cons to it. Even though I play more on Java, I do get on Bedrock every now and then, so from my experience, I rarely ever have seen a mass amount a hackers (if any) like the Java server does so I don't necessarily think adding a /report feature to the platform would be necessary.
    However, it still would be a great option for players when they do encounter a hacker from time to time so here's my suggestion: I would recommend adding some kind of /report feature like Java has but only allow it to be used by certain ranks at first just so they can test it out to see if its working well. Hopefully after, the result will show its beneficial and easier for players and they can go forward with making it available to all players eventually.
    This is similar with what happened with the /report feature on Java and I think it was a great way to approach the matter when the server started gaining a lot more hackers. This will take some time to develop though, so I personally think going about it slowly is the best option to perfect the system.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  12. I understand what you're saying with there not being enough moderators, but could it be possible to make it so that it would report it to any staff that are currently online, and not store the data? Like it being more of a command to use if there are staff online. If there is more than one active staff member online, there could be some sort of claiming system. It would also be beneficial if the command would tell you if there are no active staff members online, then stash the report. I believe this way could make the potential development of this a lot easier, because there would be no sort of storing data anywhere.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  13. Yo!

I agree with you, an in-game reporting system should be added to our Bedrock platform. I quite like it on Java, as you don’t need evidence at all, or need to be on our website to do so (report). Many of our Bedrock players, I feel do not know how to report, or are unable to gather evidence to report someone, most of them are young as well so they probably can’t report on discord either. I see reporting in-game as a solution to these problems, I also don’t see a problem with implementing this at all. Fortunately the bedrock developer has said he is going to add this, as you may have seen in previous threads, thus I will be marking this thread as processed, thanks for suggesting it!

Thread Processed

Posted Aug 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.