• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8861 Players Online
  • 5971 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Mailing System

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Parrotlet, Feb 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone! I wanted to propose an idea to everyone.

Many players including myself have friends that live in different timezones and/or don't play really often/quit the game. I do miss them sometimes, and it would be nice if I could write them a letter so that the next time they log on mineplex they can receive a message from me even if I'm not online.

The idea is pretty simple, it's just adding a way to leave a letter in which you can write a message and send it to whomever they please and when they open their "mailbox" they can see the message.

I understand that people have discord and all that (some people don't), but an in-game mailing system would re-create the authenticity and excitement of receiving a letter just for you. I also understand that there is the forums, but most players don't have a forum account, they usually just play on the server and that's it.

Thoughts?

Posted Feb 23, 2019
    NothinButNet likes this.
  2. I personally like this idea. Seems sweet and simple and cute. I am just worried about one thing, spam of course. Would this mailing system only allow you to mail people who are on your friends list? Or is this just anyone in general? I would like this idea if it was able to mail anyone on your friends list. And maybe have a limit of just 1 message per 30 minutes? Don't wait any players spamming anyone else. This also leaves the issue that people would write inappropriate or abusive things in the mail, but players could always report that on the forums if they wish. Anyhow, I like the idea of a mailing system. It sounds sweet and the anticipation of seeing that you got mail could be fun. I like it heh ^v^

Posted Feb 23, 2019
    NothinButNet likes this.
  3. Hey! Thanks for the wonderful idea. Seems pretty cool in my opinion but unfortunately I will have to deny this idea. Something similar to this like a /mail <user> command has been previously denied before by Production due to it being against the EULA for some reason. As for that reason, I will be denying the idea and locking the thread to prevent further discussion. If you have any other ideas and improvements that you want to suggest, leave them in the Ideas Discussion Hub and I’d be happy to look over them! Have a good day.

Thread Locked - Idea Denied
    If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to PM me at any time and I will try to respond ASAP. <3

Posted Feb 23, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.