• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10732 Players Online
  • 7842 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Magma cube

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Lyzardguy, Aug 3, 2020.

?

Is magma cube good or bad kit

1. Yes god tier

40.0%
  2. Poop trash

60.0%
  1. I’m a magma cube main in SSM (cube life) and I often find myself fighting against other kits such as creeper, dog and such. ITS HARD TO FIGHT THESE KITS AS CUBE!1!!1!
    That being said, for those of you epic people out there who also play as cube, what are your opinions on these cube matchups:
    Cube vs dog
    Cube vs creeper
    Cube vs horse
    Cube vs zomb
    Also, opinion on cube himself?
    Gonna add a poll so I can se if peeps like cube.

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  2. Personally I find cube being annoyingly good at hit and run. Both your abilities include drastic movement potential. Use them to escape the effective range of those other kits. With that said, all the kits you've complained in your post are notorious for being overpowered.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  3. I'm not the type of person to give people false hope so here goes.

Creeper you'll always have problems with because you can't combo them easily as a cube and without dealing as much initial damage you're never gonna kill them especially if they keep avoiding your attacks. Best choice is to knock them off or melee them when your size is tiny. If you're really good with aiming magma blast you can knock people off in very intricate ways. But if they are running and hiding behind trees/walls? Idk how to help you there.

Cube vs Wolf, Idk how to help you with this one, I'd die too, just too much dps and the kit doesn't allow you any spacing which is what the magma cube needs.

Cube vs Zombie, Cube is very bad at dealing with ranged kits, so I suggest not even trying to overcome this one with cube because you'll get very frustrated.

Cube vs Horse, stop going high into the air when you're fighting a horse. I play horse and it's so common for cube players to play how they always do and go 40 blocks into the air because they used triple jump and magma blast then try to drop on me to melee. Don't do that, if you stay close to the floor and just combo them you will usually win pretty easily because skeleton horse has a hitbox that's the size of a car, just avoid the kick. Every cube I play, goes into the air, lets me recharge and I just kick them every. single. time. they land. Now you're out of a flame dash because you had to recover with it. And they don't do enough damage to me to overcome my regeneration. Just whatever you do, stop jumping so high, you have to get the horse into a combo.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  4. Magma Cube is the worst or 2nd worst kit in the game. At best, bottom 3. You have good mobility and... that's it. Even Chicken has an upside in that it can potentially deal a lot of damage, but Cube doesn't have that. Cube has the ability to run and that's about it. Alright for hunger stalling if you REALLY hate fun, but that's about it.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  5. i've seen many good Magma Cube players but, even very good Magma Cube players struggle against other kits because Magma Cube has weak attacks but has really good recovery considering both of its moves are used as recovery.
    Magma Cube has really good mobility as ReNegative said above ^^^ so your can find yourself in a situation where your gonna be running and spamming all the time, which is how every Magma Cube fight goes most of the time.
    its just not a good kit to go with, i suggest using something else till it gets a buff or something but, thats in my opinion.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  6. Magma Cube is so underrated lmao.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  7. How do?

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  8. Hard to explain.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  9. Fairly late to this, but I'm a magma cube main too.
    I find the kit to be one of the best, I've seen many awesome magma cube mains, that have done moves that have surprised me astronomically.
    Cube vs Dog, most dog mains are quite brash and love to wolf charge, I use the recharging window as an opportunity to attack, as they'll be fairly close, with a direct hit magma blase, it scares them off with their frail defenses and if it doesn't you'd likely win in a melee battle
    Cube vs Creeper, the most annoying, its a battle of patience, I main creeper too, so I'm aware with some counters to fight against them, but its very time consuming, you can barely melee them so that isn't a reliable choice, so you have to give them chip damage with magma blast, even better if you can land a direct magma blast because creepers defenses are quite frail too, sometimes melee is possible if the creeper is overly aggressive.
    Cube vs horse, screw skeleton horse, it's annoying, if you fight it on an open map, you'll be good (kinda). It's best to void them with magma blast and melee, it may be hard, but Magma Blast if used correctly can give you lethal void kills.
    Cube vs zomb, you're screwed, if the zombie main can land 70% of their hits, your dead. Magma Cube unlike most kits is quite floaty due to its higher jumping potential, sometimes that can be a hindrance, as you can't move as fast and zombies with good aim, can easily snipe you. An argument against this is; "But you have flame dash and magma blast to move youuu", 1. Flame Dash is damaged by projectiles (which is shouldn't imo, should be like sky squid) 2. magma blast barely gives you a window of escaping as they'll either snipe you again or when you're on the ground you're defenseless without magma blast.
    I may be biased, but if you're against a good Zombie, there is no safety for Magma Cube.

Magma Cube is a good kit, it has a lot of potential for being crafty in a lot of ways, especially with magma blast, I don't believe it needs to be nerfed but, I think Flame Dash should act like sky squid's flying ability, and make the magma cube invulnerable to all attacks, not just melee.
    It's not god-tier or trash, its above average, but sadly like all kits, zombie screws you over.

Posted Sep 21, 2020 at 10:40 AM