• 1395 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7877 Players Online
  • 6482 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Lunar Client

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by phasedown, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can you guys just unban lunar or something there's lots of people that enjoy lunar

Posted Jan 22, 2021
  2. Posted Jan 22, 2021
  3. They could fix their anti-cheat ?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 22, 2021
  4. It's about how Lunar Client sends packets to the server. Presumably this coincides with something that hacked clients do, and in order to deal with those without false banning Lunar Client users, Mineplex elected to disallow Lunar Client.

Posted Jan 22, 2021
  5. Yea, this makes sense since Lunar most likely wasn't going to change anything.

Posted Jan 22, 2021
  6. Mineplex isn't actually the first server to ban Lunar Client, and I'd assume that the other servers that have done it did in fact communicate with the client developers before banning it. I'd imagine short of Hypixel deciding to outright ban it rather than have it as "use at your own risk" like they do currently, Lunar Client will not be doing anything.

Posted Jan 22, 2021
  7. Hey there Smokea!

I feel that @maevestarbaby has addressed your question in their well written response above, however I would just like to add a couple of things. The thread provided by Maeve is a “brief timeline regarding the status of Lunar Client, and why it is no longer allowed for use on the Mineplex Network.

Two of the most relevant quotes that can be found in the thread above comes from one of our Quality Assurance Members and the other from one of our Developers.
    • “after several months of testing and researching Lunar's behavior on the server, we have found many irregularities when compared to Vanilla from 1.8 through 1.16(Quoted from one of our Quality Assurance Members
    • "lunar is changing behavior that it shouldnt be" (Quoted from one of our Developers)
    Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with the Mineplex’s Anti-cheat. This is a client sided issue that has been discovered by our Quality Assurance team. After months of research and testing, they came to a conclusion that lunar should not be a client that’s useable on Mineplex based off the irregularities found while testing. Our team has already been in discussion with Lunar and now it’s really up to them to fix the issues found with their client.

In conclusion, it will remain a unapproved client on Mineplex at this time, until deemed otherwise. I will be locking the thread, as I feel that the question and/concern has been addressed. However if you have any further questions and/or concerns, feel free to reach out to me!

-Thread Locked; Question/Concern Addressed-

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.