• 786 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5050 Players Online
  • 4264 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Lower the Price of the TNT Trap and Make It Easier to Find

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by yvuggu, Jan 11, 2021.

?

Should the TNT Trap be moved higher on the GUI?

1. Yes(explain why)

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No(explain why)

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes for the 180 second cooldown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No for the 180 second cooldown

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Yes for the 45-60 second cooldown

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. No for the 45-60 second cooldown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Currently, in the Emerald Shop, the TNT Trap costs 15 emeralds and is at the very bottom of the GUI.

If you don't know the effects of it: When an opponent eats a slice of your cake, it launches them into the air, possibly throwing them into the void. It notifies your whole team as well. You can only have one at a time and after used up, you can buy another one.

So my proposal is to put it higher on the GUI, and since the price drop is planned, add a 120-180 second cooldown for the whole team buying traps to prevent players spamming them.

Why do I think this?
    It's currently underused and way too expensive. 15 emeralds is almost the price of two pieces of obsidian or diamond leggings, and is the price of a golden apple plus an ender pearl.

Some drawbacks:
    It would be a real problem if overused even with the cooldown, but I don't think it will. Ender pearls, which are significantly cheaper as of now, would be overpowered as well if overused, and they aren't. You can still counter the trap by blocking yourself in. But we can counter this problem in a better way:

What if people have obsidian(or not) and constantly spam the traps, assuming Bear Trap and TNT Trap are both a thing?

This is where the 120-180 second cooldown after your trap is activated comes in play. If this is not implemented, a player who is rushing you would have a nightmare getting your cake. There would be balance issues.

I feel like the cooldown is way too long. What is an alternative?
    As @maevestarbaby stated, we could use a 45-60 second cooldown instead.
    This post has some organization issues, so sorry about that.
    Write your thoughts below.
    Edit: Oh, nevermind about the price because it's already planned
    Edit 2: Content changes including a 120-180 second cooldown for the whole team buying traps
    Edit 3: Added a mention of a 45-60 second cooldown for the whole team buying traps.

Posted Jan 11, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 19, 2021
    Aquaris and Ryan9116 like this.
  2. I think its better the way it is in my opinion. Its easy and my team mate can pvp them since I make walls around our base because Im bad at pvp

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Ryan9116 likes this.
  3. Hello, actually making walls around your island, it is not very effective I have tried many times, but the opposing teams eat the cake and use our island as a pvp zone against everyone, although it is not bad to put a final stone wall with 3 blocks of distance between walls

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Ryan9116 likes this.
  4. Keep this on topic please.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Printiel and Ryan9116 like this.
  5. i love tnt traps once we were losing like all the other teams had full diamond sharp II prot II and we only had full iron (maybe a diamond sword) no enchants and someone with full diamond just ran into our base and got launched right into the void!! xD
    but then i didnt have enough emeralds to buy another one and we lost :(
    for the 180 sec cooldown, maybe that's a little too much. I would suggest 60 secs, or 30 secs.
    anywas +1 to the price reduce and stuff
    and +0 to the 180 sec cooldown

Posted Jan 11, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 12, 2021
  6. Hello there!

I agree with your idea, I believe it's great to lower the price of a TNT trap and place it somewhere close to the diamond armor in the GUI, this way it's better for players to scroll down to get the TNT trap, other than that I also think that 15 emeralds for a TNT trap is quite expensive, if it were to be around 10 emeralds, then I'd say that's a normal price for a TNT trap. I'd give this post a big +1

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    yvuggu and Ryan9116 like this.
  7. If they make it 10 emeralds. They need to add something for teams that attack. For example on another server if someone rushes your base and they bought “magic” milk and drink it. It makes them immune to traps for 30 seconds. 10 emeralds may seem expensive at first however late game when everyone has emeralds and team upgrades this could be abused in my opinion.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  8. I know that the Bear Trap is planned as well, so something like this should definitely be added. We could add a cooldown for the whole team buying traps to prevent spamming them as an alternative to not copy a server.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 12, 2021
    OmegaKyurem and Ryan9116 like this.
  9. bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2021
  10. bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2021
  11. Well, as you mentioned yourself, it's an underused trap, so why is there an issue of players spamming it?

I do agree with a cooldown though when the price is lowered as spamming could become a problem, especially for endgame I can see teams simply being able to win by standing back and letting players get themselves eliminated as they have so many resources and can keep spam-purchasing the traps. However, that being said, for the ways you mentioned players can counter the trap, such a high cooldown is not necessary - I would ask for 60 seconds or even lower. Otherwise, ender pearls could get spammed and you can get rushed hard once the enemy team knows your trap is on cd.

Once again the game does depend on strategy so adding a cooldown could make it very underpowered; we won't know until we try, though

Posted Jan 19, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  12. Players spamming it is a problem because after the planned Cake Wars update, it will most likely not be underused anymore. It will probably be used just as much as ender pearls and golden apples. For the cooldown, I guess 45 seconds would be good because you can block yourself in to completely negate the trap. Or, you could keep on putting pressure on the team with ender pearls or lots of people going at the same time. Once you know that they use traps, you'll be prepared. I will edit my post.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.