• 306 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1591 Players Online
  • 1285 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Longshot achievement

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Thunderer4215, Jan 13, 2019.

1. To get this achievement it says to kill someone from over 64 blocks with longshot. I think this achievement might be broken. First, sometimes, midair, arrows will fall to the ground from large distance. I use barrage and I do not know if that matters. Also, sometimes when I SHOULD HAVE gotten achievement, I did not.

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  2. Hey there! I would recommend not using barrage, as only one of the barrage arrows is the real Longshot arrows. If your opponent dies from falling after getting hit by Longshot, it will not count for the achievement. Lastly, can you specify what you mean by "arrows will fall to the ground after a long distance." Have a great day!

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  3. Hey!!

This is actually the last achievement I need to complete the Champion portion. I find this challenge very difficult to do. It's basically the entire map and you go to kill someone. I don't know how to do this but I seen others do. You just have to be lucky or play with a huge party and have someone help you get it.

GoodLuck! :D

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  4. He most likely means his arrows are bouncing.

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  5. The bouncing happens to me every time as well. Can I fix it somehow? In using 1.8.9

Posted Jan 14, 2019
  6. Does it work if the person uses /kill? Also, must you kill them from full health, or can they have damage from other sources?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2019
  7. I recommend using overcharge longshot on certain CTF maps and shooting spawn from far away, the one with the flying saucers worked for me, the other option is having a friend stand in one place while you shoot. Another tip is target sins, mages, or other rangers.

Posted Jan 14, 2019
  8. They can be damaged by other stuff first, and no /kill won't work for the achievement (the /kill part is making me skeptical)

Posted Jan 14, 2019
  9. Hey, not to toot my horn but I've been playing champs since 2014. I wouldn't say you need a party to get the longshot achievement. Quick story:

I gave up on the achievement and was calling 3-4 of my friends online to help each other get it... (this was when everyone was pretty chill and achievements/achv kits just came out). Long story short, on the map Gulley, I stayed on top of the emerald capture point at mid and spawn-killed someone with an arrow. You just have to get lucky, that's all.

Posted Jan 14, 2019
  10. Why would you need a party? Use wolf prounce 5 Overcharge 3 Longshot 3.
    Go to up to the air and shoot. It really happens faster than you think. But with that bouncing arrows I can see the problem here

Posted Jan 15, 2019
    Jeopardizes likes this.
  11. Did you get it?

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  12. Pretty sure the arrow bouncing is a visual glitch, it happened to me many times before.

The arrow still lands but ur not sure where it's going

I'll also list some good sniping places just because:

-Top of pyramid
    -Peaks in twin peaks
    -Upper land on hidden valley
    -The trees/houses on canyon
    -Top of mid on Sakura

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  13. To add on what star said, the trees near middle on iron hammer mountain and gulley are also very promising

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  14. Im Lv 100 and play on Mineplex many years, but yes I have it

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  15. I am fortunate enough to have gotten the achievement before the update. Since the update, I've been hearing it's harder mainly because of the cooldown. The bouncing arrow is a thing and sucks. This achievement will probably be the one that is the most pain in the butt, but It is do-able. I wish you luck. It's all about timing and not continuing to spam your arrow. Won't work as it used to since this cooldown.

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  16. Your idea works quick all I needed was a support person to help! :D But what about clutch? It's hard to do when nobody plays CTF

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  17. Yeah im lucky to have completed these achivements in like 2016 when champs wasn't dead :p
    maybe I can help u w Longshot

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  18. I already got the longest shot first game I retried I had someone help me. Thanks though

Posted Jan 16, 2019