• 257 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1195 Players Online
  • 938 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Locking Threads to “Prevent Flamewars”

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by leo_thya, Apr 17, 2019.

?

Should forum mods lock threads to “prevent flamewars”?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. e
    I like Option number 2, that way the OP doesn't get screwed over for something that's not their fault.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  2. If Option 2 is to be implemented, the term "flamewar" has to be defined. What I think the definition is, is when two or more people use personal attacks against each other. But if you think about it, General Rudeness is basically this but with multiple people involved. So in my opinion, Option 1 would be the best option. If you need to warn for a flamewar, you can already do that with GR.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 20, 2019
  3. The main benefit of adding a flamewar specific rule is it would be easier to justify the application of. It can be quite hard to fit flamewar rule violations into a specific category but if someone is participating in a flamewar it would be clear what to punish for. The main benefit of it would be the server showing that the community has a strong opinion of those who participate in flamewars and that it won't be accepted.

For the definition section, I agree with you and we would likely reach a definition via the method of internal communication and getting the public's opinion on what they feel it.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
    PapiKirito and leo_thya like this.
  4. I feel this would be best (unless in which the OP is the one starting / continuing the flame war, in which you could lock ig) as it avoids the OPs idea being locked due to some unruly members, thus only punishing the individuals rather than the whole. Thanks for bringing this up!

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  5. For option 1, I feel like people would most likely ignore the warning. Depends on how heated the warning is. I doubt people are going to say “hey guys, this is becoming flamewar, let’s all calm down”.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  6. Like others, I'd prefer option 2, but option 1 is still an improvement over the current situation.

Posted Apr 21, 2019