• 1554 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9992 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Lobby soccer

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Poafzs, Aug 24, 2019.

1. I remember the old days... Sitting in the lobby talking to your friends, as well as playing the soccer hub game. It is not anything big just a simple thing to put back.
    I think long term fans will appreciate it and the newer players will find it quite enjoyable as we did when we started playing.

Just a suggestion
    -Sincerely Poafzs

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Poal, 24OO, _Slxth and 1 other person like this.
  2. I definitely agree, I don’t know the full reason on why they removed it but it was definitely a really entertaining game to play while you’re waiting for friends or just playing for fun. It would definitely make a lot of people’s day if it was added back

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Poal, pzazz and Poafzs like this.
  3. YES! I agree, I loved playing Lobby Soccer and it would go great alongside lobby gladiators.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Yato and Husama like this.
  4. I agree with all said above
    +1
    Please comeback slimeball basket and soccer

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  5. yess!! love this idea. it was always really fun to play that lobby game.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  6. Hey!
    Although I loved lobby soccer, I kind of understood why the game was removed. I believe when Mineplex changed back to its older lobby, we lost some of the space that we had gained with the newer versions. I too would love it if lobby soccer could make a return, however, I'm not sure where this mini-game would fit in the lobby. +0 from me, I would love to see it make a return, but I'm not entirely sure where it would go.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  7. Yes! These gamemodes were super fun in the lobby! +1

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  8. this sounds amazing, and I sorta have seen it before even though I've only been on mineplex java for like 4 months... but one of my friends downloaded the map to their server, and I made them take down the server lol. But I honestly have to say -1 due to there already being so much lag in lobbys, I often look for the lobby with the least players, I play on a good pc and internet but the lobbys really lag, and I think lobby soccer, even if not much, would lag it a bit more.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  9. Hey there!

It'd be great to see this come back. Although, I have to agree with @Sunny / Slash where it could cause a bit more lag in the lobbies. But, then again, I would like to see it in the lobbies again, as it could provide for more entertainment in the lobbies other than just Gladiators or parkour challenges.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

:mineplex:

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  10. Until I read this post, I forgot it even existed. I would love to see it make a return, I remember having so much fun in lobbies with it. There may be some complications, but overall +1.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  11. I love this idea! I've never got to experience it but I can imagine it being a fun way to interact with others while players wait for their friends or party members..etc..!! Great idea!

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  12. I loved Slimeball (the lobby soccer) too much. Bringing back Slimeball would be the perfect way for players to wait for a game and such. +1

I'd also love for it to be in Nano Games, that would be fairly epic

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    24OO likes this.
  13. This triggered a lot of nostalgic memories to be honest. I completely forgot this ever existed :(

I would absolutely love to see this come back! It would bring an even more nostalgic feel to the current lobby, as well as giving hours of mindless entertainment to players! I remember a while back when this was still a thing. I would always wait in the middle trying to be the first to get the big slime (the replacement for a soccer ball :)). In all honesty, it would be a dream come true for this to come back to the lobbies <3

I remember always trying to glitch into the the soccer field thing with ethereal pearls without being on a team. I’d always get into the goal and just sit there while the other players would play around. Good times :)

From what I can remember, the general gameplay goes as follows!

Players would join a team, and continue doing so throughout the time people are playing. It doesn’t matter how long the games been going on, you can still join! It has the general red and blue teams. Each teams main goal is to score in the opposing teams net. A slime will appear out of the sky in the middle of the arena. It’s a race to get to it first and to score for your team! It lasts indefinitely. So if you get bored or happen to make it into a game? It works!

Tactics!

• Punch players and stack them. You can also stack the slimeball.
    • Make use of the double jump.

I know others have mentioned the *possible* problem with lag this could cause. However, I really don’t think it’d be a big deal, at least to the majority of the players. I never remember lagging because of slime/soccer ball in the lobbies. Another problem mentioned is space? There’s always room to expand the lobby in any way seen fit, so even that wouldn’t be a problem. They could always replace a portion of the lobby as well if lag is really that big of an issue!

Below is what the slimeball field looks like. As you can see, it’s really not much bigger than the Gladiators arena. I do, however, take into account that the slimeball could possibly cause some sort of lag. However, again, it really doesn’t seem like a big deal to me!

[​IMG]

Just to compare, here’s the general Gladiators arena <3

[​IMG]

It is a bit blurry so I’m sorry about that, but yeah that’s for comparison to the slimeball arena! In my opinion, it wouldn’t change lag levels all that much c;

I’d also like to point out that Lobby Gladiators is a thing and I’ve never heard of people complaining about lag due to that. I really don’t see how much worse it would be to re add slime/soccer ball? Plus, there’s a few parkour in the lobbies, one of which was temporarily removed due to lag issues. It seems that has improved though! For those wondering, I’m referring to the snake parkour. So overall, I honestly don’t see how this would cause that much lag :-:

Huge +1 from me <3

Posted Aug 26, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 26, 2019
    Poafzs and JYTG like this.
  14. Lobby soccer was my favorite lobby minigame, and the memories of playing it back in 2015 are still very vivid. However, before it was removed it had a huge bug for over a year that made it almost impossible to score (the ball would bounce off the goal line instead of going in). Therefore, I'm a bit skeptical if the development team has the time / resources to fix this, but putting that aside, I'd be very happy to see the game coming back.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  15. Hey buddy!

Like most of the other players have said, it would be absolutely fantastic if we could see this hub game be reimplemented to the already nostalgic lobby. It is great that Mineplex has brought back an old lobby, and what better way to make it even more awesome than to add back an old hub game; Lobby Soccer. I remember playing this game with people in the lobby or with my friends, and it was really enjoyable, trying to get the slime into the opponents net, quite like soccer in real life.

I do know that it does cause lag to some players though, and this is the only thing I would take into consideration if it was to be reimplemented. Perhaps there could be a workaround to reduce the lag that some players experience. Overall, I do really miss this lobby game, the current lobbies could definitely do with an additional game, since the only hub game at the moment is Gladiators, aside from the few parkours. It's a +1 from me, I hope we can all see it in the lobbies in the near future.

Posted Aug 26, 2019