• 1503 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4719 Players Online
  • 3216 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Lobby Parkour

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by MrBeaar, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Hello Everyone, I have this new Idea for the different lobby parkour challenges. Yes, I know that they aren't exactly games but I couldn't find another category that this thread would make more sense in. As most of you know, the reward for completing Lava Parkour, Snake Parkour, etc is a certain amount of gems. Like most players on Mineplex, I don't really have a use for gems because I already have enough to get everything I want. I think it would be better if they changed the reward from gems to possibly treasure shards or xp. What do you think?

Posted Jun 12, 2019
    jjzdragon likes this.
  2. Yo!

I would personally love to see this implemented, as it gives more players an incentive to complete lobby parkour, but I may have a compromise. Instead of changing it from Gems to Shards or Exp, why don't we give players the option to choose their reward? There could be a menu for the parkour asking if you would like a gem, shard, or exp reward. The amount of rewards for each currency would change (as 1000 gems =/= 1000 shards =/= 1000 exp). Or maybe instead of it solely being one type of currency it could be a mixture of them, like our Daily Rewards. I personally like the idea of the parkour having an overall reward including gems, shards, and exp instead of the "only chose one" idea I mentioned because in this one you get a bit of everything. The amounts of exp and shards would have to be balanced out like I previously stated, but do you have a specific amount of Shards or EXP that you would like to be the reward? I'd love to hear what you have to suggest on this idea!
    +1

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    MrBeaar and ScrompLord like this.
  3. Heyo!

I'm backing this up all the way! In a recent light, many older players are finding gems obsolete, yet shards have remained just as valuable and thus community members have been finding new and innovative means for players to obtain shards. This is one of them and I'm a huge fan! Through observation, it is safe so assume that the lobby parkours are not as popular as their potentials entail. Thus, giving players the ability to choose their rewards would be a great incentive!

+1

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    MrBeaar likes this.
  4. Hey,

I'm going to have to say that this is a great idea and I fully support it. Shards or experience would be a better alternative than gems simply because they have more value than gems which many members of the community don't even need anymore for anything useful. Also, as said above, you could simply let the player decide which one they want to have as a compromise. For newer players, gems might be better, but for older players who don't have use for their gems, they'd probably choose shards or the experience. This is a great idea that would be a good Quality of Life change for any player on the server. +1

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    MrBeaar likes this.
  5. Thanks for the input hazeae24! I think that is a great idea and I am excited to know that I have your support.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 15, 2019
    noahggarrett likes this.
  6. I'd like to see the new lobby parkour in the future. I never did parkour for a long time; I want to try it out soon. The lobby parkour can be difficult sometimes, and you'll have to figure it out. Haze has her great idea to have the reward options for the players. It'll be up to them whether they prefer gems, shards, or EXP. I'll have to agree!

Overall, this was a pretty great idea! +1

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  7. Hey!

I’m totally down for some new lobby challenges, especially if they’re offering treasure shards! Like others have said, gems have started to become not nearly as valuable as they once have, making it very difficult to want to complete one of the parkour courses. Shards being as valuable as they are right now, would be a great substitution for this. Furthermore, this would also put the hub’s rather large size to good use! Personally, I would love to see an option where you could buy chests using gems, giving people a good use for them. Overall, I hope to see something like this implemented and the future! Nice job! :)

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  8. Hiya!

I would love to see this implemented even if I can never beat the parkour, I feel it would be a great incentive to one of the oldest features of the lobby. I like what hazae24 said, as I could still use some gems, but I know that the gem economy is just stacked full of gems. So therefore I give you, a +1.

Good night/morning at this point I am not sure.
    WackityQuack

Posted Jun 17, 2019