• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion lobby inventory item linking to /f

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ole, Mar 10, 2019.

1. ole

ole

make a lobby inventory item that links to /f, would've saved me a valuable couple of seconds every now and then if i had friends to play with :sigils::sigils_down:

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  2. spacexplorer_

spacexplorer_

it takes 1 second for me

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  3. JiaxinXu

JiaxinXu

This was removed feature, I think

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  4. darkmeen

darkmeen

Hello!

I have to disagree with you on this one. I think that's not necessary since it only takes a second to type /f. Besides, another useless item in the inventory would only be space-filling and nobody would like to have their hotbar full; it's a little bit annoying. The actual hotbar is pretty simple and has the needed items and I don't think that it needs a link to the /friends menu.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  5. BuySomeApples

BuySomeApples

I agree with darkmeen that having your hotbar too full could be quite annoying, especially if the features that come with the items aren't that necessary. I feel like it'll take more time to go to the correct item in your hotbar and right click than it does to type /f. This would make more sense if the command to get to your friends list was long, but you only have to type two things currently.

Overall, this just doesn't seem that necessary, and seems like more work compared to typing /f.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
    darkmeen likes this.
  6. ole

ole

times three times a day times 365,5 days a year and we're at 18min a year chief, tho u also gotta take into consideration the time it takes to start using your keyboard- from u eventually enter ur computer password till u type that command u only need to use ur mouse, a mouse which is likely more mobile than ur keyboard and can be used from the other side of the room

damn that's inconvenient

see above

ill split this one up a bit if u don't mind
    this is based on the premise that the item serves no purpose chief, something it obviously would do to me and hopefully possibly others like me
    honestly I've always been a fan of having many options and chosing which ones i use as oppose to having others chose for me
    u lost me there im afraid, don't see how it would be annoying ?? sure you'd check the first time u go on mineplex what the hotbar items do but after that you'd just scroll past the ones u don't want to use as u have to do w the open spaces in the current inventory

the items u need chief

how chief

don't know how your scrollin wheel works but to me scrolling would merely take a fraction of a second, tho ur calculation is based on that the condition that u r as near ur keyboard as ur mouse

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 10, 2019
  7. spacexplorer_

spacexplorer_

it takes 1.6341 seconds to scroll. pressing a number on your keyboard takes 0.896 seconds. right clicking takes 0.312 seconds

so that would either be 2.5301 seconds or 1.208 seconds, meaning it is practically more time consuming
    but it is an illusion to our brains that it is faster

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  8. ppancake

ppancake

but what if ur keyboard dies in the process of doing /f - or you mouse!?!? you gotta get new batteries which may or may not exist in your home and then walk to the nearest pharmacy to get them so in total we can determine this takes about 15 minutes and uh oh half of mineplex’s screentime is up!!!

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  9. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Literally 1 second tho

Posted Mar 10, 2019
    Snowing_ likes this.
  10. ole

ole

would sincerely appreciate if you could elaborate on the scientific approach chief

thanks for ur input chief

but chief if I'm reading for a test or smt I tend to lie down (w the monitor within reasonable distance) n just take the mouse with me and so if I get bored I (a) check if there's anyone online on mineplex to play w or (b) watch Netflix or (c) continue being productive but if a forces me to get out of it I sure won't be contributing to that online community chief

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 10, 2019
  11. daddymg

daddymg

I like the /f. It take less then one second and I despise the GUI. I will always stay with the OG chat log friends list. This change would have no effect or worse.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  12. Nolawn/Shaiym

Nolawn/Shaiym

I really don’t think something like this should be implemented into lobbies. The /f (/friend command) takes about only a second really to type and I haven’t seen any issues at all in the past of it. Yes, the /f command is commonly used throughout the network by both community and staff but I don’t think adding another item for the /friend command would be necessary. Adding this wouldn’t make a difference since scrolling to click the item would take just as long as typing the command /f. It wouldn’t hurt for this to be added, but I think time and resources from development should be prioritized to other things. Overall, I don’t have a huge issue with this but it wouldn’t make really any difference at all than just typing the command instead. Have a good day! :)

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    Snowing_ likes this.
  13. ole

ole

ios updates won't have any effect on nokia users either chief

presuming your keyboard aint on the other side of the room

sounds like p basic development to me tho, we're talking about an existing command

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 5:22 PM
  14. Marzie

Marzie

I strongly believe this isn't needed. It's really not something that will have too much impact and may not even be used that much, on top of this, it'll just take up space. Sure clicking it in your hot bar might be very slightly quicker, but it just isn't worth implementing or being worked on, even if it is a simple thing. As Shaiym said, I'd rather dev time be put into other things that could benefit people a lot more than this.

Posted Mar 16, 2019 at 2:02 PM
  15. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

It is unnecessary to add another item in the inventory slot for /f. You can simply type out a command in the chat that opens the friend lists right away. It usually takes like a second to open it up and I do not see any issue with it. To me, I feel like I am not be going to follow with this idea by adding another one into the slot.

Shaiym has already mentioned that it could take Dev’s time too. I will have to agree with what he said above. Maybe they do not have time to add this time. Overall, I will have to disagree with this idea and it will not be going to implement. -1

Posted Mar 16, 2019 at 2:36 PM