• 974 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7003 Players Online
  • 6029 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Lobby gladiators

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Eggblack, Jan 13, 2021 at 12:20 PM.

1. I always love playing gladiators and fighting to see who's the best. However, I would love to see a friendly statistics board on the lobby gladiators. I've played gladiators countless times and I would love to see my kills/wins, and the ratios etc.

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 12:20 PM
    Jylie, Krxo, QuietSnow678 and 3 others like this.
  2. I don't play java. But when I do get it I would love to see this +1!

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 1:12 PM
    Eggblack likes this.
  3. I like this idea. It would be nice seeing your stats in gladiators - KD, shots you've hit, shots you've missed, wins & losses, etc. Great idea!

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 1:16 PM
    Eggblack and QuietSnow678 like this.
  4. I agree! I think this is a great idea, it would be cool to see the stats and probably wouldn't be hard to implement. I give it a +1!

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 1:40 PM
    Eggblack and QuietSnow678 like this.
  5. Hey!
    I actually think this is a really good idea! It would add an even more competitive aspect to the minigame and It would be really really cool to see my stats in the lobby gladiators. It would be nice to see my kill/death ratio aswell as my win loss ratio!

definitely a +1 from me

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 2:49 PM
    Amg_ and Eggblack like this.
  6. 0.5 + I think peoples will farm wins with alt
    But if there's a way it can be fixed so I would like to see it

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 2:58 PM
    Eggblack likes this.
  7. +1 DEFINITELY

Gladiators is one of my personal favorites and a leaderboard to me would seem like a super good idea to add a competitive aspect!

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 2:59 PM
    Eggblack likes this.
  8. Yeah i undestand this, i dont mean like a leaderboard, i just want a friendly, non completive stats board. so it doesnt matter if you have kills etc. Its mainly for self observation. However some people can see it as competitive and that's fine

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 3:00 PM
    Worpp likes this.
  9. I find this idea pretty cool, however, I'm going to have to disagree. I think that while it is a lot of fun, and I enjoy it as well, I just don't believe that I want to have that nature to a lobby game. Currently, we already have gladiators, an actual game that has maps built for it and DOES have stats, so I think that this would probably render this game useless now, and I don't know how I feel about that. Additionally, I think this could make the game a lot more competitive, and I don't really like that because I usually play the Lobby GLD when I want a quick, fun, game. Also, since it is in a lobby, there can be plenty of glitches which I've seen, and I think there will always be glitches due to it being in the lobby, such as people glitching in the arena and people having cosmetics while in the arena. I'll have to give this a -1 because of these reasons.

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 3:30 PM
  10. I understand your point, however, there are barely any players in the quick matches and i want to continuously play glads. Also, since glads is in lobby a lot of people queue while waiting for games, making it quite popular. I don't want it to be a competitive, it's a harmless add on that would simply bring satisfaction and goals.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 5:01 PM
    Fusafez and Mightylizard1 like this.
  11. I personally wouldn't mind if this was added, however, I feel like people would abuse the fact it's a 1v1 to farm wins with friends and alternative accounts.
    I don't think that adding a statistics board to this game would make it competitive though.
    If we are talking about adding a leaderboard though, that is a different story.
    I don't think that many people would abuse in the way that I stated above if there is no leaderboard but rather a 'personal statistics board' that only you can see and that shows how many kills/wins you have achieved.
    What would happen if the game took to long and ended itself? Have you thought about this?
    Interesting idea, if we're only talking about adding a statistics board for personal use rather than a server-wide leaderboard, I'm giving this idea a +1.

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 6:30 PM
    Eggblack and Mightylizard1 like this.
  12. I was suggesting that it was a meaningless stat board, or leaderboard. Totally meaningless so if it does get competitive, it really doesnt matter, also it doesnt really matter if people farm wins because thats up to them to do it and they know theyve done it, its only a personal achievement. or mineplex can add some sort of anti farm plugin of some sort, im not the minecraft dev type so dont get annoyed at my terminology. Lastly, if the game ended with no final winner, there would be a draw stat, or just who dealt the most damage.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 8:30 AM
    Fusafez likes this.
  13. Hi! I've always thought this would be a nice thing to add, so I'm glad you suggested it. It would be helpful to people who already enjoy playing it, and I also think it would be a way to encourage more people to play it. Yes, there is an issue with farming wins, but considering there aren't any rewards involved I think people would be less inclined to do this. Overall, really great suggestion! I really hope to see some sort of leaderboard in the future.

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 9:55 AM
    Eggblack and Mightylizard1 like this.
  14. Hello! I think that's a great idea to add the friendly statistics board for Lobby Gladiators. I am pretty sure this will show the player's most kills/wins. Players will motivate them more to play Gladiators more. I don't have anything to add, but I think that's a great idea you have! +1

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 10:57 AM
    Eggblack likes this.
  15. Yeah I understand, but generally when statistics are involved, things can get competitive. I've changed my opinions on this a bit, I think having a page in /stats is a cool idea, but I'm opposed to anything beyond that.

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 12:04 PM
  16. Heyo!
    This sounds like a really nice idea! I'd love to see a leaderboard implemented near lobby gladiators. I believe that gladiators is more of a casual game though, and think that if anything it would be cool to see personal stats such as the number of wins someone has, as well as kdr. Overall, very interesting idea. +1 from me!

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 12:13 PM
    Fusafez and Eggblack like this.
  17. I don't see huge issues with implementing statistics. Sure it could make things a bit more competitive for players themselves who want to get better, but that isn't a bad thing and I don't think it'd take away from any other games. Win farming will happen in any game, even random lobby games, there are many lobbies open at once where you can escape from a paticularly bothersome player. Plus, since it's a 1v1, unless you're only against a pool of like 1-3 other people, you'll be able to avoid repeatedly fighting the same person. It would encourage more people to play and set their own goals to get better in a "practice" like environment. I don't think there should be a public leaderboard since it isn't an actual game and it'd be weird having a sort of a public "superiority" situation with whats mainly just a time passer lobby game, but I think having a win/lose statistic that you can check out yourself won't harm anybody and will encourage people to play.

Lobby Glads is great practice and a good time passer between server mini-games, seeing your own stats will motivate someone to do better and may encourage new players who are struggling to keep up with CW or SG like environments where you encounter too many skilled players at once which can make it difficult to even compete, whereas here you can learn one and one and expand past it and track how you're doing. Someone hardcore probably does this themselves anyway, but it'd be easier this way. Nothing wrong with seeing your progress and wanting to improve yourself through this game, as well as seeing how much you've accomplished. As a plus it'd likely gain a bit more interest, so that way so the average pools of people playing in lobbies might increase. +1

Posted Jan 15, 2021 at 10:54 AM
    Eggblack and Fusafez like this.
  18. Personally, I don't really see a need for this currently.

Lobby gladiators is supposed to be a small minigame that runs in lobbies for players to play at their convenience. If anything, it would be cool to see some sort of duels game mode implemented into the network. An official duels game where stats were measured, and there were more maps/types of duels seems like a better alternative than changing the current small minigame found in lobbies. That said, I am not opposed to the above features being implemented. I would be concerned about the inevitability of hackers ruining countless games. That said - I am sure there are/can be measures in place to help prevent that. :)

Posted Jan 15, 2021 at 11:07 AM
    Eggblack likes this.
  19. I mean it's a good idea, if at least the possibility of reach 6 blocks was disabled, I'd love to see statistics for Lobby Glads

Posted Jan 15, 2021 at 1:15 PM
    Eggblack and anthxny like this.
  20. Ya let’s see which random level 0 bhopper has the most wins

Posted Jan 15, 2021 at 5:04 PM
    Eggblack likes this.