• 1355 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8891 Players Online
  • 7536 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Lobby Gladiators

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by notEnson, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Hey! I've recently been playing a lot of Gladiators in the lobby when i'm queueing for games and I really like the new Halloween look for the arena. Everything works fine and so far there aren't any bugs or glitches. But when the Halloween update came out, it changed the color of your hearts to black which is really difficult to see what health your at when your in a game of Gladiators. I understand that it was a cool little addition to the update but maybe the devs could change it back to the normal hearts just when your in a game.

Thanks for reading,
    notEnson

Posted Oct 14, 2020
  2. I actually really enjoy the new color of the hearts, but I see your issue here. If you really think this is a big issue, I suggest putting on a texture pack that changes the color of withered hearts. Please note that this change is only for less than a month, so we might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

-1, can easily be changed by a texture pack if needed

Posted Oct 14, 2020
    OnGodItsEric and Anna-Marie like this.
  3. Yea, thanks for the idea! Its just, since the rest of the games on Mineplex are like that, they may as well do the same for Gladiators.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 14, 2020
  4. Hola!

I can definitely see how not being able to easily check your HP can impact the gameplay. I'll have to give this a +1 because it seems relatively simple to implement and would be helpful for many players. :D

Posted Oct 14, 2020
  5. Hey! I completely agree. Even though a change like this would only impact the game 1 month out of the year, it's pretty harmless and would help a lot of people out. I know some people also dislike that this effect happens in normal lobbies (outside of gladiators), so I think the best solution here would be an option in /prefs to the hunger and wither effects off. That way, you can choose whether or not to have it both inside and outside of Gladiators. Anyways, great idea! Thanks for posting =]

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    Paladise, nico and Disgruntle like this.
  6. Hey, I agree, the update is great but the hearts could be changed back to red just to improve QOL for those playing Glads. An option on /prefs could work well too as said by @Rilau. Thanks for the idea and good luck with getting it implemented!

Posted Oct 17, 2020
  7. Yeah, it's really just a small issue that's going to last for around 1 month max. Perhaps we could have a pref for future to disable these small little hotbar effects when seasonal updates come out, but I feel like it's too late to already implement it for this year's Halloween season.

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    Paladise and Anna-Marie like this.
  8. Personally, I love the new temporary color of the hearts! They are totally in-theme with the spooky season. If anything, I wouldn't be too worried, as the black hearts will be removed after the season is over. (Which should not be too long) There are also texture pack overlays that you can download that can make wither hearts a brighter color. (Just a temporary fix) Either way, things should go back to normal soon. :)

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  9. I don't see it as a big enough issue to reverse it just for Lobby Gladiators. It's only going to be like this temporarily, and I doubt it will be that long. I do see where you're coming from because it does make the hearts slightly harder to see, but that does not seriously impair gameplay, it just may make things a little harder. I'd say a preference to toggle this would be nice, but I don't see it as worth developing for something so minor that won't be an issue forever.

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    Paladise likes this.